Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner June 2012

Hair wobbles

kfair, 10 of February of 2012 at 14:21 Posted on Planning 0 11

Hi Ladies,

I need your opninions please, Ive always had a full fringe but because im getting married in Cyprus people keep telling me my fringe will stick to my forhead. Ive been growing my fringe out for quite a while now and i just dont like it,ive decided im having it cut back in, in a few weeks.

Ive found a style I really like

This is my dress

do you think this hairstyle will go with my dress? also, I really want to wear a veil, what sort of veil do you think I could wear(if at all)? Does anyone know if you can buy hairpieces to add height into a style?

I need hibs to recomend hair jewellery? comb? band? tiara?

Im confused, sorry for all the questions and thank you in advance. x

11 replies

Latest activity by Mellow_Yellow, 11 of February of 2012 at 21:45
  • Katie V
    Katie V ·
    • Hide content

I LOVE this hairstyle!!!!! It's beautiful. And yes it'll go with your dress. I'm not a hair dresser but I do know that you can add hair pieces and other magical things to add omph to your hair.

As for hair decoration.....I'd go for a comb that you can slide and no band will show at all. ?

• P
    Beginner May 2012
    psari ·
    • Hide content

I'm pretty sure such things exist - my hairdresser is talking about using a doughnut-ish thing ("hair sponge", I think she said) on the back of my head (or crown, not too sure of the terminology - basically the other side of my head from my chin!)

Apart from that, I have no clue about hair, as you can probably tell!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I really love it!

Keep some dry shampoo on standby to refresh your fringe if needed... but I don't think you will need it!

• westlakedesignsbasic
    westlakedesignsbasic ·
    • Hide content

The hair definately suits the dress, With regards to hair pieces, this would look great with a side piece as shown on the model or if you want to add height then a tallish tiara, i have attached a few below as examples of what we do and also what i think will match the dress Smiley smile the firstt wo are vintage in style with lots of pearls and sparke and the last two are more traditional, i cant see the back of the dress but maybe a waist lenght veil pinned to the back of the head, hope this helps a bit Smiley smile

• mummymrs2b
    Beginner April 2013
    mummymrs2b ·
    • Hide content

I think it looks fine together. I too have a full fringe again. I grew it out for just over a year, but after having my baby got regrowth hair that looked silly so put my fringe back to hide it. I like the style of hair, I bet there is things hairdressers use to get oomph under the hair, not sure what though x

• K
    Beginner June 2012
    kfair ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you for all the relies ladies, ive stopped wobbling as much now. MRS C, i never thought about dry shampoo, thats a FAB idea, thankyou. xxxxxxxx

• K
    Beginner June 2012
    kfair ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Just googled and found these I didnt even know such things existed lol. Thank you. xxx

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have a set of bumpits in light brown... never worn still in the box if you are interested?

I paid £10 for them but you can make me an offer if they are what you need and will save you some pennies?

• Dream Wedding Video
    Dream Wedding Video ·
    • Hide content

Hi Kfair

We have filmed hundreds of wedding in Cyprus over the past 5 years and have seen lots of brides with all kinds of hair styles. My favourite video that we filmed of Emma and Darren is on the home page of our UK site. She had a fringe and looked totally stunning. To be honest the biggest problem brides have is if they have their hair down and curled. It's surprising how many do really. With the wind and the heat it all drops. The style you have picked is perfect and very pretty. The hair dressers over there are very good there a lot are from the UK. They do bridal hair day out so you won’t have any problems getting your dream look!!! Happy planning

Laura X

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

You can get bumpits in boots for a fiver. They have fake versions in the pound shop which work just as well. As for adding volume hair dressers can do all sorts my bridesmaid has short, thin hair and achieved a full side bun for my wedding with height! The hair dresser had this powder stuff she used it on me too, I can remember what it was called but it added volume as she backcombed or something. Ace stuff!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Saw these fake bumpits in Poundland today....

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

I love love love that hairstyle!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics