Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

septemberbride2011
Beginner August 2011

Hairstyle ideas (for long hair) help!

septemberbride2011, 28 February, 2011 at 23:45 Posted on Planning 0 6

Help! I'm really stuck on what to do with my hair on my wedding day. It's quite long and really thick and need to wear it down or half down as my dress is strapless and want to cover a scar on my arm which I'm really self conscious about.

I'm getting married abroad so I'm thinking of having a hair trial here and taking pics of it and hoping the hairdresser at our hotel can copy it. I'm so stuck on what to do, I have a side fringe but thinking of having it all off my face or maybe a small side fringe? Not sure whether curls or soft curls would look nice as I always wear my hair straight. Really stuck on ideas as my hair is quite heavy x

6 replies

Latest activity by septemberbride2011, 1 March, 2011 at 22:51
  • SarinaCain
    Beginner March 2011
    SarinaCain ·
    • Hide content

Well Im toying with this look....

• tmr1234
    Beginner June 2011
    tmr1234 ·
    • Hide content

Iam looking at a few but i realy dont know which to go for here are some pics of them

• septemberbride2011
    Beginner August 2011
    septemberbride2011 ·
    • Hide content

Ah thanks, I love the bottom left one :-) I might go for curls and even tempted to grow out my fringe x

• Katie V
    Katie V ·
    • Hide content

One of my clients got married abroad and went for a half up/half down look. It really suited the romance of the venue.

I think it looks lovely.....

• M and M
    Rockstar August 2025 West Midlands
    M and M ·
    • Hide content

Here are some styles I like:

• Tanya77
    Beginner August 2011
    Tanya77 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for this post Septemberbride. I'm in a very similar position to you! I have really thick hair that I am growing long and am wearing a strapless dress, but I have a horrible scar on my collarbone which I hate and want to cover up... Am looking for the same kind of hairstyle as you I think.

• septemberbride2011
    Beginner August 2011
    septemberbride2011 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks girls I'm def going to have some curl. Just seen a hair trial post (flyffymalone) and I love her hair too, its on the side so I could put it on the side where my scar is.

I'm so conscious of my scar and know how you're feeling tanya77 - don't worry I bet there's lots of hair styles out there we can try. I might go to the hair dressers wearing a boob tube lol! Least I'd get an idea as to how much hair I would need on one side if I was going to have a style similar to flufflymalones x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics