Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner June 2016

Hairstyles

Steepdene, 7 of January of 2016 at 09:18 Posted on Planning 0 7

Okay, so I have a question for you. What are your bridesmaids having for their hairstyle? I think I've decided on mine, subject to a successful trial, but what would you say about your bridesmaids. I don't really want them to match me. I only have two bridesmaids, one adult cousin and her 13 year old daughter. My cousin has said they'd have whatever I want them to, but I can't decide what I want!

I'm going to have something like this

The maids both have shoulder length straight hair which can be curled. Obviously they're going to want something other than their normal hairstyle for the wedding day.

Any ideas anyone?

7 replies

Latest activity by SunnyPinkConfetti310, 12 of January of 2016 at 14:09
  • S
    Beginner September 2017
    Sorbet ·
    • Hide content

I have always planned on having my bridesmaid have something simple as im just having my hair down

I was think like

I like consistancy so would like them to match (I have OCD) but its also the best of both worlds being both up and down + casual and a bit dressy - I have the issue that 1 bridesmaid has very short hair so I dont know what to do with that ?

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

I have no idea! I've told them they can have whatever they like and I'm not fussed about it matching either. I specifically don't want them to be too match-y.

• AKWedding
    Beginner August 2015
    AKWedding ·
    • Hide content

Re the very short hair BM, one option might be for her to do her own hair and put a cute, little hairclip in (not too showy so she doesn't overshadow you). That's what my MUA suggested, and it saved us a bit of money which really helped.

• Shelly70
    Beginner July 2016
    Shelly70 ·
    • Hide content

I was thinking of having my bridesmaids hair (4 of them) like this.

I will be having my hair up but not yet decided.

• Mrslh2b
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrslh2b ·
    • Hide content

2 of my BM’s are having this (sorry ignore the make up shot)

And the other 1 is this:

I said I was happy for them to choose whatever they wanted but would prefer if they had some sort of “up” style as my hair is going to be half up half down so didn’t want it to be too similar to mine. They were all more than happy with this.

The pic you’ve posted looks almost quite vintage to me, maybe look on pintrest for “vintage style bridesmaid hair”. Loooooads of ideas on there!

• AmandaRoberts
    AmandaRoberts ·
    • Hide content

Hi Steepdene,

The most popular bridesmaid hair styles that I tend to do are either half-up with loose curls or a low, loose bun (at the back or to the side) with plaits along the side.

Here are a few examples.

Perhaps the younger bridesmaid could have her hair half up and the adult could have the plaited bun look.

• N
    Beginner January 2016
    NoMoore ·
    • Hide content

I've just said up somehow not too fussed how but guess I should find some ideas!

• S
    Beginner December 2015
    SunnyPinkConfetti310 ·
    • Hide content

I told my girls to choose what they wanted for their hair so they took to Pinterest, found what they wanted and sent the picture to my hairdresser. I'm not into this "you're wearing matching outfits and therefore everything must match to lose all trace of individuality" thing. Just my opinion.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics