Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner May 2012

hairstyles - dress with straps

sr3693, 11 April, 2012 at 16:49 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hey all,

I have my trial next saturday, I'm looking for some ideas - my dress is Eternity D4007 but I am having 2 straps!

I also have a veil & a tiara...

First thought would be to wear my hair up but I don't generally wear my hair up, I have a long shaped faced so not sure it suits me!! booo, haa!

any ideas?

TIA

x

8 replies

Latest activity by sr3693, 13 April, 2012 at 11:27
  • S
    Beginner May 2012
    sr3693 ·
    • Hide content

Anyone?? Smiley winking

• sarahb3426
    Beginner June 2012
    sarahb3426 ·
    • Hide content

Sorry you've not had any replies yet so thought id bump this thread for you!

I too am having a strapless dress but having straps added to it and currently toying with the idea of having my hair half up/half down, i.e the front part up so that i have some height for my tiara and wearing my tiara at the back.

• S
    Beginner May 2012
    sr3693 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for your reply! This is my only idea atm, haaa! Half up, half down, bit of height for Tiara & some soft curls for volume & prettyness...haa!

Suppose I shall just see what the hairdresser suggests! You don't know until you try do you!

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

I LOVE dresses with straps. I had such a hard time finding one as it's just strapless strapless strapless this decade!

I also have a strapless that is being altered to have beautiful detailed straps.

I personally think an up-do will look best, especially as you have very pretty straps. A soft updo like below keeps your hair elegantly off your shoulders, but won't make your face to long!

• S
    Beginner May 2012
    sr3693 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Duckybum! Love your name btw!

Thanks for replying Smiley winking

I tried the dress without straps, with the one strap & with both and it just transforms the dress, the straps are so pretty! Plus I wanted to be a little different and I felt more elegant with the straps! What does ur dress look like?

Love the style below, can put into my folder for ideas, just a case of trial & error!

Will report back when I've had my trial - i also think an updp would be better for the dress

but i just need to be sure i look just as good with it, if you know what i mean Smiley winking

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

I know what you mean about the straps transforming the dress. Now without the straps, my dress looks boring!

I only have a picture from when we were playing with straps. They will be this shape but made from a sheer lace with lots of teeny beading for detail and subtle sparkle. I go back at the start of next month for a fitting so will have a better picture then.

And my mini person (I'm going to add bit to her straps too!):

• Kriek
    Beginner December 2012
    Kriek ·
    • Hide content

Another lady with straps here!

You can still wear your hair down and show off your straps if your hair is swept back or to one side.

I'm leaning towards wearing my hair down but haven't decided yet, I've got a few hair pictures on my pintrest if you're looking for inspiration

http://pinterest.com/frances86/hair/

• S
    Beginner May 2012
    sr3693 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Awww your dress is lovely! Really suits you & you have a lovely figure Smiley winking

I have my final fitting this Sat - hopefully get some pics then!

• S
    Beginner May 2012
    sr3693 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Frandy! Some lovely styles on there - some really pretty styles with the curls at the back! My hair is layered so shorter at the front and longer at the back so a few on there which would be worth a try i think Smiley winking

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics