Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Hairstyles in the HEAT! Desperate for Ideas Please!!!! Flashes! xx

15 June, 2012 at 09:35 Posted on Planning 0 8

I'm getting married abroad and whilst it shouldn't be crazy hot (28-32) it's still going to feel it in 10 zillion layers of tulle and netting! lol

I'm really stuck on ideas for my hair - I'm not really a girly girl but want to feel elegant and naturally beautiful on the day.

It's only me and the OH so don't need something that's going to stay in place for hours and hours on end and I want to be able to take it down or unclip it or whatever and it doesn't look and feel disgusting and dirty (like sticky from hairspray or wax etc). I'm also pretty untidy and can't pull off the perfect chignon or anything similar.

My hair is fairly long (boob length lol) and very dark and has a natural wave but in the heat it goes HUGE - i tell no lies I was in Goa and it was so humid I looked like diana ross for the entire time I was there!

Anyone recommend good products for beating frizz & also any hairstyles that are easy / aren't going to frizz and won't take an hour to take out / down????

I'm not wearing a veil - have yet to decide what to put in hair and I have a hairdresser coming to do it on the day.

What is anyone else doing? xxx

p.s i've also posted this in the abroad cat but you get more views on here!

8 replies

Latest activity by niche79, 17 June, 2012 at 11:57
  • stephanieeff
    Beginner July 2014
    stephanieeff ·
    • Hide content

Make-up wise, I have two friends who work abroad every summer that swear by bare minerals loose powder foundation for coverage and anti-shine. Its very, very light and natural looking, and brilliant especially if you have good skin anyway and just want a bit of cover.

• Z
    Beginner June 2013
    Zoeah ·
    • Hide content

The lifesaving product I use to deal with my frizzy hair is Lee Staffords dehumidifying spray, you can literally see your hair go flatter as you spray it on. it's available in Boots and you can get a travel size if you just want to try it first! Good luck!

• B
    Beginner September 2012
    bia57 ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting a brazilian blow dry before the wedding, in the hope that my hair doesn't fizz on honeymoon. A couple of friends have had it done, and it really worked for them.

• N
    Beginner January 2008
    niche79 ·
    • Hide content

Cant really help on hair styles as I had a half up half down for the ceremony and reception which you said you are not keen on and I then had it pinned up for the evening (my hairdresser is a friend that was coming to the wedding all day luckily !) but I can highly recommend Brazilian Blow dries.

My hair is very thick, very frizzy and goes frizzy and/or wavy the minute it comes in to contact with any sort of moisture or I get hot, like in the gym, but with this treatment it doesn't happen ! Yes, it is not the cheapest thing to have done but it lasts for about 4 months and is well worth it ! It also reduces the amount of time it takes to dry and straighten my hair. Moroccan Oil is also really good for making your hair nice and smooth.

As for make up, I would also recommend Bare Minerals or the Bobbi Brown mineral foundation, both give excellent coverage and feel very light on the skin.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics