Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Blonde Viki
Beginner July 2012

Hairstyle/Tiara/Veil - which comes first?

Blonde Viki, 18 June, 2011 at 10:36 Posted on Planning 0 8

I have no real idea what style I plan to have for my hair (it's quite long, just below shoulder length) but I know I would like a veil, probably fingertip length. I think I'd also like a tiara.

What order do I pick them in? Do I need to work out my hairstyle first to know what tiara would go with the style, or do I pick a tiara I love and then take it to my hair trial? Do I need to have my veil in time for the hair trial too?

I'm desperate to start buying shiny things, but I don't want to end up with something unsuitable by buying too quick!

8 replies

Latest activity by Lynseys Designs, 21 June, 2011 at 20:55
  • knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content

It's up to you really. I bought my side tiara first as, like you, I wanted to buy something pretty and sparkly... I then was planning my hair around what would go with what I picked and changed my mind! I decided to have a veil and then had to pick a style that would go with the veil and the tiara.

My advice would be pick a veil and hairstyle first then get the headgear (my hairstyle would be easier with a clip rather than a tiara- the side tiara will look lovely, but I had to do a mini trial at home with the veil to check it went).

I would say you should take your veil to the hair trail, it's quite important IMO.

You can always get your sparkly kicks by getting jewellery... that's if you have your dress and know what will go.

• MrsB_2_be
    Beginner August 2011
    MrsB_2_be ·
    • Hide content

I got my veil and tiara when I bought my dress and took them to the hairdresser when I chose what to do with my hair x

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I agree with everything Kerri said. If you know you want a really high blingy tiara then it is possible to work around that to find a hairstyle you like i.e. a high tiara suits a hairstyle with height to it. I knew I wanted a veil and a small tiara from the beginning so got a hairstyle to suit but I've got short hair so had limited options anyway.

You know where I am if you need help and you can always borrow my samples to try on as it's so hard to imagine what something will be like from a photograph. x

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

Certainly made sense to me although that doesn't really say a lot ?

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content

Thanks guys! That's all really helpful Smiley smile

Seems that I can either fall in love with a hairstyle and then work my tiara around that, or vice versa! Definitely would like a veil though, one that just sits kind of at the back of my head quite low down (not a very good explanation I know!) but I want to have some hair loose at the front too (is this what they mean by a half up half down do?) so I hope there will be a lovely tiara that will suit that.

I might take you up on the offer to borrow your samples nearer the time, Lynsey Smiley smile

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Not a problem to borrow anything. My veil was lower down as well . x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics