Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

ShropshireLass
Beginner April 2014

Hair...to grow or not to grow?

ShropshireLass, 28 of August of 2013 at 12:40 Posted on Planning 0 16

There are far too many difficult decisions to make when it comes to wedding planning!!

I currently have chin length hair cut into a bob with a few short layers. I have it cut religiously every 8-10 weeks because it grows really fast and becomes more and more unmanageable the longer it gets. For instance, hair cut tomorrow and today my hair is about 1.5 inches below my chin and is impossible to style neatly, no matter how much I straighten it.

I've much prefer having shorter hair as I have 2 kids and just don't have the time to be spending washing/drying /straightening every morning and I hate tying it up...it doesn't suit me at all!! (imo)

Basically, I need some reassurance that I don't need long flowing locks put up into some masterpiece of an up do for my wedding! There's not really much you can do with short hair and I'm worried I'll just look too everyday like with my current do!

16 replies

Latest activity by ebony_rose, 29 of August of 2013 at 13:33
  • Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

If you normally have short hair and it suits you best then stick with it! Definitely don't need long flowing locks to look like a bride, the dress normally does that! ?

• M
    Beginner January 2015
    murphy88 ·
    • Hide content

I agree keep with short, if you look online some gorgeous short hair styles

http://pinterest.com/shorthaircutcom/short-wedding-hairstyles/

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

Keep it short. You want to look like a bride but you also want to look like you x

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

Definitely don't grow your hair if you don't want to. That's a lot of effort for just one day. Also there are some fab sparkly clips and things to jazz up shorter hair if you don't want to it look the same as every other day.

• ShropshireLass
    Beginner April 2014
    ShropshireLass ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for replies Smiley smile

Also, thanks for the link Murphy88! I think I will keep it short and find some pretty things to put in it! Smiley smile

next dilemma...to MUA or to DIY...its never ending!! *sigh*

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

My style is part shaven, so no long locks for me.

• Skeptical78
    Beginner September 2013
    Skeptical78 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is what I've done! I have a chin-length bob and my hair is naturally curly, so I'm just getting a hairdresser friend to tong it into a neater curl and i've got a great sparkly clip to put in it. Think of the freedom! No hair falling down / out / sticking to the back of your neck....! ?

• Skeptical78
    Beginner September 2013
    Skeptical78 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Your hair is kewl!

• BlossomJ
    Beginner July 2014
    BlossomJ ·
    • Hide content

I'd definitely keep it short, otherwise it won't be you

I have really long hair and keeping it just for the wedding but after that I'll be cutting it shorter.

I don't dare do it before just in case it really doesn't suit me and everyone's so used to me having long hair!!

• ShropshireLass
    Beginner April 2014
    ShropshireLass ·
    • Hide content

I used to have long hair pre children & had time to do stuff with it to make it look nice. The longer it gets, the more thick & wavy it gets though so its only manageable if I spend aaaages with the GHD's trying to tame it! It used to look quite nice when done & presumably a hairdresser could potentially make a masterpiece...

Either way, I reeeaaally can't be bothered with the hassle of growing it just for a day! Smiley laugh

• L
    Beginner March 2014
    littlejevans ·
    • Hide content

I'm currently growing mine and it is a complete ballache, so i'd say don't bother. mine's just got to the point where i can get it in the tiniest ponytail which makes it less irritating, but until last week i was seriously considering hacking it off. only reason i decided to grow in the first place was because i only cut it short a couple of months before engagement and so i "look like me" with longer hair.

Also, if your hair's chin length and you have loads of volume in it then you could do an AMAZING half beehive if that's your kind of thing?!

• A
    Beginner September 2013
    AmyM2B ·
    • Hide content

You can always get some really nice clip in extensions, they are not too expensive, my hair is just past my shoulders but am using them for a bit more volume xx

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks, , not sure my kids agree, , , ?

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

If you don't want to have long hair then l don't think you should pressured into doing it because it is the expected thing.

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

I had to have clip on hair extensions, just for my side bits. My hair had started to break off a few months before the wedding due to thyroid problems.

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content

I had my long hair chopped off just before my Wedding.

No long flowing locks here. I looked like I do everyday, as it was just another day, it just happened that I was getting married...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics