Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner

Hanbury Manor - Garden Court (Ware)

MissD2016, 4 of September of 2016 at 14:23 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi all,

Has anyone here been to a wedding/tied the knot in Hanbury Manor's Garden Court?

We're in the (very!) early stages of wedding planning - not even engaged yet! - but want to have a rough shortlist of venues lined up before next year so we can book at the 2-year mark for a wedding in 2019 (I know....it's a loooong way off, but I LOVE planning things and need to have something to plan for otherwise I go crazy!)

The Garden Court looks perfect for us and the capacity numbers suit us really well, but it would be a tight squeeze!

I've looked at almost every photo I can find on the internet, but can't find any showing where the bar is in the garden court section. Is it in a separate room to the dining area? And how big is the bar room? I'm conscious that some of my relatives will just plant themselves at the bar all night and not mingle very much - ideally the bar would be right next to the dining area with easy access to the dancefloor.
Hopefully someone can help, and maybe show me some pictures?

Thanks,
MissD xx

2 replies

Latest activity by MissD2016, 20 of September of 2016 at 14:54
  • M
    Beginner
    MissD2016 ·
    • Hide content

For anyone reading this that may be interested - we visited Hanbury Manor yesterday for their wedding fayre. Because the bar is a temporary/portable bar, it can be set up in either the conservatory (summer house) or the dining area.

Overall, the Garden Court is nice! However, we were slightly let down at the condition of the venue. Some of the walls in the conservatory need re-plastering (not sure if there is a problem with damp or just a bit of TLC needed) and considering they were hosting a wedding fayre, they should've at least given the floor a wipe over. In their defence, they had a wedding there the night before, but that's no excuse for chewing gum stuck to the floor. I had a wander through the upstairs hallway next to the bedrooms - it smelt a bit damp, but was otherwise nice.

They didn't have any bedrooms available to view in the Garden Court, but they took my details and said they would email me some pictures.

I liked the Poles Hall room more than I thought I would, but my partner wasn't too impressed with the main house, so that's probably not on our shortlist!

Overall, we wouldn't rule out the Garden Court area, but only if they can reassure us that it will be in a bit better condition by the time of the wedding - given that it won't be until 2019, they've got plenty of time to give it a bit of TLC!

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

Is the garden court round the back away from the main reception etc? I think I went to a wedding there a few years back. My overriding memory of it was that the drinks were horrendously expensive - something to consider whether you're going to provide a free bar, or whether your guests would be providing their own! Probably going back 9 years or so now but I vividly remember paying £9 for a single JD & coke! ?

And on that occasion the bar was in the conservatory - as it was nice weather I think most people congregated outside on the grass for most of the evening!

Good luck & enjoy all the planning!

• M
    Beginner
    MissD2016 ·
    • Hide content

Yep - that's the one! I hadn't really thought about the drinks prices, but it's definitely something we'll have to consider! One of the wedding coordinators emailed me yesterday, so I might email her back and ask for a list of drinks prices. Thanks for the tip!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics