Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

LittleMissP
Beginner September 2012

Hand made Bridesmaid dresses

LittleMissP, 11 of April of 2011 at 15:51 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi all,

Just wanted to ask a quick question about Bridesmaids dresses. I would like to get them made, as I would like all my Bridesmaids (i'm having 3) to have the same material, but as they are different shapes/sizes i want something that would suit them all?

I just don't know where to look and if it is actually more expensive than going to get them at the shops.

Does anyone have any dress maker that they would reconmend in the Surrey area?

Thanks girls

Bethie

5 replies

Latest activity by Little Madam, 12 of April of 2011 at 16:25
  • L
    Beginner June 2011
    little_miss ·
    • Hide content

I am getting my bridesmaid dresses made as I couldn't find anything in the shops and anything I did find would have needed alteration for at least one of my girls.

My dresses are £150 each inclusive of everything (fabric, fittings). I would recommend the designer completely but she is based in Essex (http://www.julieellmore.co.uk/) so might be a bit far for you.

• MrsShark
    Beginner September 2011
    MrsShark ·
    • Hide content

Well myself and quite a few others here are using 'The Birmingham Lady' aka Hyuinkitty to make their BM dresses as she can custom make and is very reasonably priced!

She has an ebay shop but with me I sent her a picture of the LK Bennett dress I found and she is copying it for a third of the price and in the colour that I want....I have only just ordered them so don't have anything to flash but I know others Hitchers do have some pics....

• septemberbride2011
    Beginner August 2011
    septemberbride2011 ·
    • Hide content

My sis had her bridesmaids dresses made and they cost her £160 each, just to give you a rough idea. I'm selling my daughters if anyone is interested (put it on the for sale section) xx

• S
    Beginner
    SoontobeMrsSSmith ·
    • Hide content

I've had mine made, (along with my own) and they are all ever so slightly different, just slight different details with the neckline, cut, straps etc. to compliment the shape and age of each of my bridesmaids.

But I got them made back in Serbia as it was a lot cheaper.

• LittleMissP
    Beginner September 2012
    LittleMissP ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Ladies, sounds like getting a dress made and shop prices are about the same. I think i'll keep an eye out for a dressmaker in my area and then i can ask them some questions.

We're planning to get married next September, so have some time to research a dressmaker.

Bethie

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

My dress was from the birmingham dress lady - and one her designs, made to measure so I knew it would be right.

Here is a quick flash of me wearing it:

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics