Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Love&Lavender
Beginner September 2014

Hand tied bouquet vs shower bouquet price

Love&Lavender, 8 of September of 2014 at 11:37 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi all,

I was originally going to have a shower bouquet and was quoted a price for this. I remember the florist at the time mentioned they are expensive as the flowers have to wired. I have since changed and am having a hand tied as the Florist believes it will suit my dress better; however the price hasn't changed which has surprised me a little. Is this normal? No other detail has changed...

Thanks all.

5 replies

Latest activity by overtherainbow, 8 of September of 2014 at 20:13
  • Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

It will also depend on what kind of flowers the bouquet is made from. I think hand tied ones seem to be £40-£80 per bride.

• Love&Lavender
    Beginner September 2014
    Love&Lavender ·
    • Hide content

The flowers used haven't changed. I guess I just thought being that she told me the shower was expensive due to the effort required to wire the bouquet that the price wouldn't decrease when that element is taken out.

I think I am just worrying as she has sent me our final order and missed off some changes that were made, added the hire of things we didn't request and some prices have gone up and down from the quote. She has got me confused with other brides quite a few times too which has added to the feeling of worry!

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Hmm.. yeah, I would expect a hand tied to be cheaper. Maybe just mention that she hasn't re-quoted for the change of bouquet and see what she says?

• A
    Beginner September 2015
    almostmrsStimpson ·
    • Hide content

My handtied is costing me £45, gerberas and roses

• MrsGreen-27/9/14
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsGreen-27/9/14 ·
    • Hide content

Yes it does sound quite concerning, what if she gets the order wrong on the day?! I'm sorry to add to your worries but that's the first thing I thought. Have you paid a deposit? Can you get another quote from another florist? I would've thought that a hand-tied would be cheaper as there won't be so many flowers used and not as fiddly make.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Generally speaking, a shower bouquet is more than a hand-tied if it's a large one. However, if it's only a small shower or a narrow shower bouquet, then the cost will be the round about the same. Hand-tieds do take a lot of flowers to make a decent size one but shower bouquets take more skill. Try a couple of others for quotes. To be honest, wiring shower bouquets is quite an old-fashioned way of doing shower bouquets now. Most florists use bouquet holders as it gives a more natural look and movement than wiring.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics