Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner October 2023 East Sussex

Handbag?

RACHEL, 6 of October of 2023 at 20:22 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 9

Hi,

Realistically, do I need a handbag on my wedding day?

I won't need my mobile phone and I am not bothered about touching up make up.

What are other people's views please?

9 replies

Latest activity by Lea, 30 of December of 2023 at 19:19
  • H
    Expert November 2022 Lincolnshire
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    Probably not as you've already ruled out a phone and make up so I'm not sure what you would put in it. Are you staying at your venue, so if you needed anything then you could go to your room? My husband kept tissues for me and our room key in his suit pocket and I didn't need anything else.
  • R
    RACHEL ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes we are staying at the venue, so yes the room will be an option. I like the idea of HTB being used to carry the tissues and key. I had not thought of that.
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Apart from tissues, any medication you might need? I didn't bother with a handbag - I did have a couple of items I needed to keep near me, but I just put them in an ordinary cloth bag which I left in my husband's car.

• R
    RACHEL ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi,
    Not on medications so think I will give the handbag a miss then. One less thing for me to worry about!
  • L
    Curious February 2024 East London
    Lisacarmel ·
    • Hide content
    I wondered the same thing, I think it’s more that it’s an excuse to buy a nice bag than actually needing one though especially after reading these comments 😂
  • L
    Rockstar July 2023 Greater Manchester
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    My venue had a bridal prep space which was accessed through a hidden door from the main space. We put most of our stuff in baskets provided by the venue after getting ready in the morning and they were dropped in our room for us, but I kept my phone (not that I needed it), lipstick, contact eye drops and the book which had my speech in, in that room, so I had easy access to them all day.
  • S
    Beginner August 2023 West Yorkshire
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content

I don't feel a handbag is needed, though Rainbow Club have some nice ones (that can also be dyed after, I believe) from white to another colour.

• Sarah
    Rockstar August 2024 West Midlands
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    I won’t bother babe. Leave the things you may need behind the bar or with a BM or somebody who will have a bag! Can’t imagine you’ll need anything though
  • Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content

I had a small handbag and a tote bag as we didn't have accommodation at the venue. Put in my phone and lipstick, face powder in the handbag. For the tote bag, I had my bridal emergency kit and my trainers which I changed into for dancing. The paracetamol from the kit came in handy as my husband had a headache.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics