Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Daisy Bell
Beginner August 2015

Handbag for wedding for all necessities and spare pair of shoes

Daisy Bell, 17 of March of 2015 at 11:00 Posted on Planning 0 3

We are not going to stay in a room at our venue but most likely at a hotel in a neighbouring town 4 miles away so I will need a handbag of sorts for some stuff for myself and also my OH, such as spare contact lenses, makeup, phones, hotel key, some money, tissues, band aids, blister stick, etc. All those little things that I would usually put in my handbag, except I can't really picture myself in my wedding dress with a handbag!

I don't really think one of those little clutches would really cut it size wise (I will also have a spare pair of shoes), so if I need a bigger bag anyway, I might as well just put everything in there. But where would you leave this bag? It needs to be easily accessible, and will probably have to come with me from the hotel, except I'll be arriving in a vintage car, so wouldn't want to have to get out of the car with a bag of course!

I suppose once we're at the venue we might be able to put it somewhere in the room or alternatively in mt FMIL's boot or something, I just can't picture it all quite yet.

Any tips? What did you do with your stuff during the wedding?

I'd also appreciate any tips regarding what to put in my "emergency bag" during the wedding.

Thanks!

3 replies

Latest activity by Daisy Bell, 17 of March of 2015 at 11:31
  • M
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsFitt2B ·
    • Hide content

My BM's are putting a bag together for us with all this kind of stuff in it. When we arrive at the venue, tehy'll just hand it to one of the coordinators and get it back from them when we need it. After that it will go under their table for the wedding breakfast.

• Daisy Bell
    Beginner August 2015
    Daisy Bell ·
    • Hide content

Ah, we won't have any bridesmaids or a best man or anything, but maybe I could hand it to my mum or my FMIL to give to staff there.

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsFitt2B ·
    • Hide content

That would work. I've also agreed with the caterers, who are also doing the bar, that OH and I will have a tab, that way neiother of us needs to worry about having any cash on us if we want to get a drink. When we pay the final catering bill, the bar tab will be added to that.

• Daisy Bell
    Beginner August 2015
    Daisy Bell ·
    • Hide content

Ah, I think we will pay for all drinks (I believe they will take a credit card # in advance for all drinks to be charged to), but I think it might be good to have some cash plus we need to get back to the hotel afterwards, and will probably just take a taxi for that.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics