Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

P
Beginner May 2011

handy tips how to get rsvp back?

pinkfluffyplayboy, 3 March, 2011 at 14:04 Posted on Planning 0 4

Right i sent out my invites out for the evening do around 6 weeks ago and the rvsp date is in a couple days and ive only had 20% back. any tips to give people a boot up the bum and let me know one way or the other?

4 replies

Latest activity by Mrs C, 3 March, 2011 at 14:27
  • Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

I'm not sure if this is what your looking for, perhaps it's only revelent once the deadline has passed, but sending "Sorry you couldn't attend our wedding" postcards was a trick employed by an old hitcher - which seemed to be effective in prompting people to get in touch to confirm that Oops they had forgotten but do want to come.

• Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

I dont think there is a way of hurrying some people along ?

Im quite expecting to spend a day emailing/texting/calling those that havnt RSVP'd which will really irritate me.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Oh, tell me about it! We chased and chased and chased again including telephoning and emails so I gave them a deadline - if we haven't heard from you by next week, we will take it you aren't coming. We never heard - so they aren't! Crossed off the list and others invited in their place. I think 5 months is adequate time for people to make up their minds and reply one way or another.

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

Once the date has passed, I'd split your outstanding responses into two piles - your side and his. Then, I'm afraid, it'll have to be phone calls, emails or texts.

If you're mainly waiting on friends, you might want to put something on Facebook about it too.

Good luck!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I was lucky with my day ones and didn't need to chase anyone (except my dad who didn't think he needed to... even though his partner has specific dietary requirements!!)

Evening on the other hand still has about 50% outstanding, I am past caring though, they aren't being catered for so if they turn up they turn up! I am not bothering to chase if they can't be bothered to reply.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics