Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Enjayee
Beginner April 2013

Hangover paranoia

Enjayee, 29 of September of 2013 at 14:02 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 7

Anyone else get this to sometimes ridiculous degrees?

I went out to a company event on Friday and, like a lot of others, drank a lot. Beer, wine, champagne, Baileys. Our web designer had to lead me part of the way home and my husband met me at the other end - I have not been that bad in ages. Typical that it happens the first time I go out with work.

I am a happy drunk that gets huggy but I often get the paranoia the day after. For some reason I still have it today. I haven't got any blackouts but I remember being very loud and challenging a couple of guys to an arm wrestle, in a fun way. At least I hope it came across that way.

I'm dreading going in tomorrow as I have that ridiculous feeling of I was the most drunk and everyone else was sober - anyone else ever get that? I'm sure it'll be fine but there is still a nagging fear that I did or said something outlandish!

7 replies

Latest activity by Kjay, 30 of September of 2013 at 06:44
  • Pook82
    Beginner August 2012
    Pook82 ·
    • Hide content

I get it ALL the time! And the next day at work is never as bad as you build it up to be. I'm sure you will be just fine, I normally find that just laughing at yourself is the best plan and I'm sure there would have been others were just as drunk as you ?

• *Teabag*
    Beginner June 2013
    *Teabag* ·
    • Hide content

I have this too and often have "the shower of shame" in the morning when I get flashbacks.

In the past, I have had some really bad nights out with work. I have thrown up out of the window of my manager's car, I have thrown up down the door of my own car, I have stormed the stage at a Christmas party and stolen the DJs microphone and have fallen over too many times to remember.

I wouldn't worry about it though. Pretty much everyone has done it at some time or another....

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

Yep! I am terrible for getting hangover paranoia and it takes ages to shake off doesn't it. It's quite a horrible feeling. I am sure it is all fine and everyone you were out with is worried about being the most drunk and having done something silly!

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Hangover paranoia circa 2003 - flashbacks about falling over, being a bit sick, trying some Jackass stunt, flashing my bra.

Hanggover paranoia circa 2013 - flashbacks about drunkenly honest Hitched replies.

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

I get this really badly. Bizarrely it's even worse now I'm all grown up and respectable *cough* when I've rarely done anything worse than stumble over a bit or shout something inappropriate. Even after a relatively mild night out I start to worry these days.

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

You just need to search through my post history to see how often I have 'The Fear'!

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

I think I am a lot more critical of my drunken antics nowadays- eg on Saturday night we were out and spilt a full pint of beer and didn't tell anyone and yesterday I felt awful about it when I remembered!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics