Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ali_G
Beginner October 2012

Harry Styles/Caroline Flack saga

Ali_G, 7 December, 2011 at 11:37

Posted on Off Topic Posts 67

What are your thoughts? I've only seen what's been written in the papers and on Twitter. Are they together? Aren't they? Does it matter? I don't think it's fair that she's been receiving death threats about it. Such juvenile behaviour from the 1D fans. Poor woman! It's not illegal, so I think it's a...

What are your thoughts? I've only seen what's been written in the papers and on Twitter. Are they together? Aren't they? Does it matter?

I don't think it's fair that she's been receiving death threats about it. Such juvenile behaviour from the 1D fans. Poor woman!

It's not illegal, so I think it's a bit harsh that she's been called "disgusting".

There's no problem at all with the 15 year age gap, I've seen it happen many times, but could the fact that he's only 17 be an issue? She's 30 something and has experienced loads in her life. No doubt she's gone on a few benders and stuff, whereas he's only just starting out doing that. He's not even old enough to buy a pint yet. So, when he gets to the point of wanting to go out and have a laugh, she'll want to settle down in front of the fire with a cuppa hot chocolate.

Will it work out?

Obviously it's none of my business, but I just thought it would be a good subject for discussion!

Do you know anyone that dated someone 15 years their senior while they were in their teens?

When my sister was 17, she dated a 33 year old. But she only did that to p*ss my mum off. It only lasted about 2 weeks.

Discuss!

67 replies

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Alright calm down. My opinion is that they are doing nothing wrong. I did read your OP and know your opinion.

• spikeygoodness
    Beginner
    spikeygoodness ·
    • Hide content

I dont know who either of them are! At 32 I can't imagine wanting to boff a 17 year old, and I definitely can't imagine wanting to settle down with one. As long as they're happy though it's all good. As others have said, if hes a pop star he's possibly a bit more mature for his age than your average 17 year old.

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content

Legally, he wouldn't be able to have an after sex fag - that would put me off...

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I thought smoking was 16? Did the age limit change? If so, when? Have I missed a big chunk of my life out?!?

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

Some people can be so ignornant and rude can't they.

I bet the people who have given you stick have relationships that are far from perfect. But that's ok so long as they are the same age ?

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Changed to 18 earlier this year..

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes it's been 18 for a few years now.

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's been a few years hasn't it? Or has my life whizzed past that fast??

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The age to buy was a few years ago, the age to smoke was this year.

A boy in my son's form smokes and I looked the ages up online to show my son that he was breaking the law.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

I'm not sure anyone is saying they are doing anything illegal. I would in no way attempt to legislate against it (nor would I say anything negative to friend in a similar situation). I simply know that I could never enter into a relationship wth a 17 year old boy at this stage in my life (granted, I am two years older than her).

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh I didn't know that. Seems pretty stupid to change the law to buy but not to smoke ? Who thinks of these stupid things? Surely it should be one or the other.

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

I really couldn't give two hoots about which celebrity is shagging which, even less about their ages or age gaps.

But on the subject of age gaps, do any of you remember what teenage boys/men are like? They have energy, stamina and enthusiam, even if they don't have experience and technique. They're fun. Not long-term relationship material, but great for a fling. There is nothing wrong with that, if that's what both parties want.

I found myself flirting with a 19 year old student myself earlier this year (half my age), who has a thing for older women (his ideal is yummy-mummy types in their early-mid 30s). There are dozens of online forums dedicated to pumas/cougars and cubs - it's no longer taboo or even odd.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I don't want to do it ten times, for two mins at a time.

Agree with Alice above, if they were shifted forward 5-10 years, and he was 25, she 40, I find this far more palatable. But he's a child. He is legally allowed to consent to sex but he is not legally allowed to consent (independently) to marriage. This means that the state (and many of us) might recognise him as likely to be emotionally immature. Which means it's a physical thing? Which I don't get.

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

?

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's been like that for alcohol forever - it's legal to drink it under 18 if you're at home, but you can't buy it until you're 18. I've no idea why they decided to do the same for smoking though.

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes. Immature & spotty. ?

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hmm I suppose I never thought of that. Just seems like they're sending mixed messages to me. Although I don't think age limits would put any youngsters off, if they're going to do it they're going to do it aren't they.

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

I don't have an issue with it. I wouldn't see a normal 17 year old but this is Harry. Harry is filth, you can see it in his eyes. I definately would given the chance.

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content

I am good friends with a 19 year old bloke and there's no way I would ever find him physically attractive, he is at that age where he isn't a boy and not a man either....

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yup!

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Proof of this can be seen when Matt Cardle was named as X Factor winner last year. I do believe the 17 year old (who was 16 at the time) shouted in his ear "think of all the p*ssy you'll get now".

Definite filth...

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I remember this!!! Smiley smile

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I remember this. Niiice.

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

OK, point taken....

• celticgoddess
    Beginner March 2012
    celticgoddess ·
    • Hide content

When I was 29 I went out with a guy who was 17 for a few months. He was a mutual friend of mine and his age wasn't an issue. He was quite mature for his age and we had a lot of laughs. I stopped seeing him as I didn't see a future, it was just a bit if fun but he took it badly. Everyone called me 'Milf' for ages after it!

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

My first reaction was "good luck to them" My 13 year old niece (who is obsessed with Harry) then pointed out to me "Auntie Jo, your gross, thats like you doing it with one of our Charlies mates"(her brother, and my god son)... I',m 32 and my god son is 17. I soon changed my mind and now find it a bit icky!

• JennyH10
    Beginner May 2013
    JennyH10 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This!

I'm sorry but it just seem icky to me too. I am also 34 and the idea of sleeping with a teenager is a bit sickening to me, boys are still kids really at that age, I certainly wouldn't consider him to be a grown man.

I know it's double standards but when I was 18/19 I was sleeping with a guy who was in his mid 40s. It didn't bother me then and it doesn't bother me looking back as I was very mature and his equal in every way except for years.

• Vee Tee
    Beginner April 2012
    Vee Tee ·
    • Hide content

I have never heard of either of these people or this story before now.

They're clearly not affecting my life so as long as they're breaking no laws let them lash at it.

That said, it wouldn't be me!

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

? Quote of the thread!

• skyrocket
    Beginner July 2012
    skyrocket ·
    • Hide content

When I was 16 I was working in the music business and had a boyfriend who was 24 and then dated someone who was 28. Looking back I think they were seedy and a bit wrong because I was so young and green (but I think it was the two specific men in question who were seedy although what they thought they had in common with a 16 year old who knows!!) Boys my own age didn't interest me in the slightest though.

I think girls tend to be more mature than boys (well we know that) so it isn't unusual to see a younger girl with an older man because they can be on the same level maturity wise.

But an older woman with a much younger boy - what on earth do you talk about?? I wouldn't know where to start! Yes Harry is cute but it's just that. There is no future in it and I think it's weird that she would even WANT a boy of 17!

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content
  • Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

Alexa Chung looks rough

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics