Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Has anyone attended a Bengali Wedding

16 August, 2012 at 11:23 Posted on Planning 0 1

My OH and I have been invited to a colleagues Bengali Wedding in a couple of weeks.

I am close to the bride and very excited to attend, but I am worried about making a plonker of myself as I have never attended an Asian wedding before.

I have asked her as many questions as I can, but she obviously has alot on her plate right now and I don't want to keep harrassing her, does anyone have any tips for the day? Do you know if the men and women (guests) have to sit separately through the vows and duas?

Thanks in advance

1 replies

Latest activity by Caraboo, 17 August, 2012 at 08:54
  • Cilla
    Beginner April 2012
    Cilla ·
    • Hide content

I have no idea but I'd imagine she has asked you because she wants your company and for you to enjoy yourself so try not to worry too much. You'll probably be guided by other guests a lot. One thing came to mind though, we would normally avoid wearing white as this is the colour for the bride...I wonder if the same applies here, only a different colour? Might be worth checking what colour she is wearing

• C
    Beginner September 2013
    Caraboo ·
    • Hide content

My sister was invited to an Indian wedding and had the same worries. She's a friend of the groom's, so asked him before the event, "Are there any 'don't dos' or 'do dos'?"

He replied, "Don't do a do do" ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics