Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

lyni
Beginner October 2008

Has anyone been on the Saw ride at Thorpe Park?

lyni, 11 June, 2009 at 14:37 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 5

I'm going next week, which I'm very excited about, and want to go on the Saw ride, however the only thing that puts me off this is:

Does it appear anywhere? We went last year when the ride was still being built and you could see the warehouse bit - do you have to walk through or it is part of the actual rollercoaster? I hate being in confined spaces, and if its really dark with things jumping out (like that bloody clown ?), I think I will have a mini panic attack! I haven't seen any of the films.

TIA

5 replies

Latest activity by Sparkley, 11 June, 2009 at 15:13
  • Lo
    Lo ·
    • Hide content

A work friend went on tuesday, and apparently you do see the puppet - it's part of the ride from how she described it. I haven't seen the films either and seeing that pic I may avoid it altogether!

• lyni
    Beginner October 2008
    lyni ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Gah, that's put me off!!

I know its not going to touch or hurt me, but I'm still scared of worried about it ?

• emma numbers
    Beginner June 2008
    emma numbers ·
    • Hide content

You do see the puppet thing somewhere and there's a couple of tv screens but it's not that bad. It's just like waiting in line for all the other rides, the queue does snake around and into a dark/dim corridor but nothing jumps out at you. I seem to remember that there was a blast of air from the ceiling at one point which startled the people in front of me but I can't remember if that was the queue for Saw or not.

Was a good ride but probably not worth the 90 minute wait we had (stoopid H insisted, he doesn't get out much).

• hay
    Beginner July 2007
    hay ·
    • Hide content

We went the other week, it gets dark for a minute and the puppet is there. The bit that scared the shit out of me was when we were about 50 minutes into the queue. Almighty scream about 4/5 people in front of me and a girl with a slashed neck and a bloke holding something bright and shiny that he'd just done it with, he went running out of the crowd.

They have bloody actors queuing just to frighten you. It worked! ?

• lyni
    Beginner October 2008
    lyni ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the replies ladies. It didn't sound too bad, until I read about the actors! ? It may just have to be grinned and beared, I think I'll just have to see how I feel when I'm there.

It was a fright night when we went last year and H wanted to go in one of those temporary mazes they have (this one was the Asylum). I have never been more scared in my life (stupid I know as it is not real), I think I screamed the entire way wound, pure evillllll!! ?

• Sparkley
    Beginner September 2007
    Sparkley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Nooooooooo, that didn't happen when I went - no actors at all, gutted!

As someone just said, the loud bang and air pistol sound scared me, but that was all. You only see Jigsaw on the TV screen.

It's a fab, fab, fab ride though - the beginning is totally awesome & really unexpected. I managed to go on 3 times ? Loved it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics