Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Soon2bMrsCB
Beginner July 2014

Has anyone been to the Wedding dress factory outlet in Bromley?

Soon2bMrsCB, 8 of September of 2013 at 23:32 Posted on Planning 0 11

As above! live near Canterbury and wondered if it would be worth the journey

x

11 replies

Latest activity by CoopsJ68, 9 of September of 2013 at 21:41
  • Feb2014Bride
    Beginner February 2014
    Feb2014Bride ·
    • Hide content

Hi ya, yes I went there February time this year - to be honest it wasn't even worth my 20minute journey there.

The styles were mainly strapless, taffeta dresses, the sizes available weren't great - mostly 12+. The shop was really busy (it was a Saturday though) and you just had to go through the rails battling the other brides.

I didn't find one dress I would even consider - but then I was looking for lace - there was a massive queue for the changing rooms though, so it can't have been that bad, just not for me.

• B
    Beginner September 2013
    BrightonPeach ·
    • Hide content

I went there in feb this year and I actually find my dress there!

I agree with Feb2014bride that a lot of the dresses were strapless taffeta numbers (with a lot of bling) but there were also a few gems.

My biggest concern before going was that it would just be a free for all (I was imagining that episode of friends with the whistles) but I was pleasantly surprised, the dresses were laid out by size so you knew which section you need to look in. you're allowed to take four into the fitting rooms at once and there's a lady to help you who will grab accessories for you etc. you're allowed to try the dresses more than once and they don't rush you in and out but once you've tried those for you have to get out and if you want to try more you have to queue again.

I got there as soon as it opened on saturday morning, chose four dresses and went straight into the fitting room as there was no queue, then grabbed four more to try and by this point there was a queue of about 20 mins. I had found my dress in the first for and they were happy to hold it for me while I tried more.

So all in all I would say worth a visit unless you are looking for something very specific and it was good fun and not stressful at all!

I'm a 10/12 and found plenty in my size

• I
    Beginner August 2014
    Ivorybride2014 ·
    • Hide content

Hi not been to the Bromley Outlet but just wanted to say 'Hi' i live just outside Canterbury too.

• Soon2bMrsCB
    Beginner July 2014
    Soon2bMrsCB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

oh hi where do you live? Have you been to any wedding shops near?

• Soon2bMrsCB
    Beginner July 2014
    Soon2bMrsCB ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all, it's something to think about! I was after something maybe Lacey mind!

• I
    Beginner August 2014
    Ivorybride2014 ·
    • Hide content

I live in Sturry. Where do you live?

I've been to Jodi Ltd in Maidstone which was really lovely that's the only on tho as it stocked the dress I wanted to try.

Have you been to any yet?

• Soon2bMrsCB
    Beginner July 2014
    Soon2bMrsCB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I live in Shepherdswell, when and where are you getting married? Iv been to Pumpkins and Dragonflies in Folkestone, Country Brides in Dover and Tails and Tiaras in Ashford! Have found one I like in Dover, just want to go see a few more to make sure!

• BlossomJ
    Beginner July 2014
    BlossomJ ·
    • Hide content

I went to the one in Burbage and got my dress there - it was on a Wednesday & quiet so I got to try on an array of styles - there was the most variation in sizes 12-14. But I'm a size 8 and managed to get one Smiley smile it's worth a look!

• I
    Beginner August 2014
    Ivorybride2014 ·
    • Hide content

We're getting married at Howfield Manor on 24th August 2014, how about you?

wow you've been to lots Smiley smile I want to look at a few more so wil look up some on the ones you've been too.

• C
    Beginner October 2014
    CoopsJ68 ·
    • Hide content

Hiya , glad I saw this post. I'd just seen an advert for the Bolton store opening and was going to ask if anyone had been to any of the other Factory Outlets. I'm about an hour away from Bolton so wondered whether it would be worth it. Looking at the replies I think I might give it a go but maybe during the week. As much as I want a lovely dress , as it's my second time my priority on budgets is different. So if I can get a bargain that would be great :-)

• B
    Beginner November 2013
    becs1975 ·
    • Hide content

Went there in April and bought my dress, first one I tried on in there. It was pretty busy, but the girls work there couldn't be more helpful and friendly. You pick four dresses at a time, as soon as you've chosen one, it marks your place on the hanger rail which is also the queueing system, you just add up to four dresses and wait till you get to the beginning of the rail. There's no rushing and there are accsesories to try on too. It's not quiet and intimate by any means, but you get a great dress for under £500. I had my heart set on ivory taffeta, and the Anna Sorrano gowns are gorgeous. I'm about a size 16 and got a gorgeous dress. They did have satin and lace gowns too. It's advisable to call first to see what size ranges they have in. I will be wearing my dress in 8 weeks time. x

• C
    Beginner October 2014
    CoopsJ68 ·
    • Hide content

That's good to know. I've not looked anywhere yet , going to start looking when I hit the 12 months to go mark ! But definitely worth a look I think. ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics