Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner May 2014

Has anyone booked a wedding through Thomsons?

elaine16, 22 of March of 2013 at 16:17 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 2

Hi,

I'm getting married in Greece next year, and i'm a bit overwhelmed by all the different wedding planners, so think I will just book through Thomsons. Are they any good i've heard mixed things? I spoke to one of their wedding co-ordinators and they said it can take 8 weeks to get your wedding date and you cant find out the upgrade options until you book... she was new so I'm not sure this is right.

thanks!

2 replies

Latest activity by MariaGeorgiou, 11 of June of 2013 at 08:46
  • carter89
    Beginner May 2013
    carter89 ·
    • Hide content

Hello I'm getting married in Greece in may and looked at going through thomsons or Thomas cook. What they told me was you pick 3 dates you would like and then it takes weeks for them to tell you which one you have, and they told me we would need to be there 8 days before we were due to get married.

We have now booked through France's from tsilivi travel, she's great and you get to choose your date, location and there's no specific time you need to be there before hand.

hope this helps x

• T
    Beginner September 2013
    terri7 ·
    • Hide content

We have booked through thomsons,getting married in september 2013 in greece.we had to pick 3 dates we wanted and we got 1 date we asked for.have to be there 7 days before we can get married so booked 14 nights.the wedding co ordinater is off from october to may so wont be in contact till then.we booked the holiday and wedding package through thomson rather then book separate...

• K
    Beginner May 2013
    Kirsty_29 ·
    • Hide content

We booked with Thomson but even when they 'confirm' your wedding date it's not really confirmed. We get married in May and They changed our date after they had confirmed. It caused a nightmare for our guests that had already booked but not through Thomson. I'd avoid Thomson's like the plague - I wish we had! I'm happy to give you any information you want.

• spenerella
    Beginner August 2014
    spenerella ·
    • Hide content

We looked at Thomson and Thomas Cook too but eventualy decided to go with a company called Ionian Weddings. We're working with an amazing woman called Grace who is really quick to answer questions and solve problems.

When I asked about residency before a ceremony on Greek islands she told me something very interesting. 'For most of the Greek islands there is no residency requirement, only that you have all your paperwork up to date and you can go to the town hall prior to the day of your wedding. Travel companies say that you need to be on the island for at least 7 days so that you book a 2 week package with them'.

I'm sure the holiday companies do great weddings though, because they are so high profile and couldn't get away with being dodgy - also they are ABTA protected.

Where in Greece are you thinking? We've just booked Santorini - August 4th 2014!!

• S
    Summerlove00 ·
    • Hide content

We're getting married in Crete and decided to have an independent wedding planner. We're using Sun and Snow Weddings and have been so happy with the service received. We knew the date and time we're getting married within a couple of days of booking, and Ruth has helped us find lots of ways of saving money in the right places. We just can't wait now!

• R
    Beginner
    robyn1712 ·
    • Hide content

Hi I'm getting married in zante greece next May and we booked through thomson

Two weeks ago we have to be there a week before we can get married we gave thomson 3

Date for the wedding just waiting to have a date confirmed should here in the next week

Or two. Thompson's were really good they also booked guests that are coming to wedding

And have linked us all together in a booking incase we can't get our date. I'm pretty sure

The date will be fine coz not everyone is gonna choose the same date as us right? Hope that helps

• I
    Beginner May 2014
    i will be mrs smith ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I was ready to go and book with Thomson, had holidays vouchers i had been given as gifts as deposit. The more and more i researched the more I was put of the idea. The prices seemed to increase every time I looked. I emailed sun and snow weddings on Sunday evening and had a reply back within a few hours...Last night my wedding date was confirmed. I am getting married on 24th May 14 in Crete... Sun and snow are great, they really do make it easy and I always get a speedy reply.

• louise fisher
    Beginner July 2014
    louise fisher ·
    • Hide content

Elaine16,

it is better for you to have a small conversation with these guys,and then you will know if they are professional or not,as it is more easlier for you to judge their professional knowledge.

Of course,you also should know some relevant things,for example,the successful case that they ever had,and their uniqe ideas,and what is their suggestions for doing your wedding,according to your requirements...

Do have a try,I look forward to seeing your good news...?

• C
    Beginner September 2013
    Caroline Jayne ·
    • Hide content

Hi guys,

I'm getting married September of this year in Santorini. Was going to book through Thomsons but the lack of interest their customer advisor showed me didn't make me feel confident in entrusting my wedding arrangements with them. Whilst trying to find out information about Santorini she started typing up a previous customer's detail onto her computer screen.

Anyway we used an independent company called Burgess Travel for our accommodation/flight arrangements and Olympic Weddings. Both companies are awesome and Fanoulla from Olympic is straight back to me with any queries I've had!!

I would recommend both companies with my experience to far. Will be happy to discuss my findings after the wedding!! Have a feeling in my bones that it's going to be fantastic!!!

Caroline x

• C
    Beginner September 2013
    Caroline Jayne ·
    • Hide content

Forgot to say that the guys are correct you don't have to be there a week beforehand. It is an urban myth to try and get everyone to book for a fortnight. With our party most are flying out on the Tueday. We are getting married on the Saturday. It is advised to give yourself a couple of days before hand so that you can organise your reception. On that note if anyone has any suggestions for a Santorini reception I would be eternally grateful!! We are getting married in St. Irene's Church if that helps.

Thanks a million

Caroline x

• M
    MariaGeorgiou ·
    • Hide content

Hello guys,

I think individual independent wedding planners can be more valuable for you since they will allow you the opportunity to choose your day, your time and will give you unlimited options for vendors according to your prices without representing anyone. Most of us also get great discounts from negotiations and always treat clients in the highest attention possible. I am a wedding planner myself and I try to have affortable prices so people will see the benefit of it over choosing ready made wedding packages..If you guys want check out my website and my special offers!!!

https://www.allbridesonboard.com/

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics