Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner April 2012

Has anyone bought a dress off of ebay?

clarabella1972, 24 of October of 2011 at 14:55 Posted on Planning 0 28

I've not got much of a budget and the high street dresses look less basic than I was hoping for.

I have seen some lovely dresses on ebay at ridiculous prices and most of the sellers seem to have good feedback 99 percent plus. Has anyone had a good experience buying from ebay and if so, which seller did they go with?

Thanks

Claire

28 replies

Latest activity by steffijp, 5 of November of 2011 at 14:51
  • knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content

Hello,

I would say that the best thing to do is to go for a pre-loved dress. It will have only been worn once and there will be lots of pics of the bride in it. I myself chose a vintage dress, it came from a seller in America and the service was excellent. I shan't mention who it was because the shop mainly sells vintage clothes.

Some people have bought Chinese dresses via Ebay. Sometimes it works but I have read some horror stories and I wouldn't want to risk it. If you don't like it, it will be difficult to get your money back (that's the general experience).

Just my opinion though!

• warlycarly
    Beginner September 2012
    warlycarly ·
    • Hide content

I bought mine from ebay, this it it:

I got it from this seller :http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/shanghaijie888/ the only thing, was that it came quite creased, but its been hung up and the creases have fallen out. I LOVE my dress. and it was rediculously cheap! HTH.x

• D
    Beginner
    darkivy ·
    • Hide content

Mine came from Ebay, can't remember the seller as was nearly 2 years ago but it is an Essence of Australia one, still had the £1200 price tag on, and I got it for £110. Bargain! There are certainly some bargains to be had just check the feedback etc.

• C
    Beginner April 2012
    clarabella1972 ·
    • Hide content

Can I ask which dress you went for, only I really like this one and wondered if it might be the same?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/free-shipping-elegant-A-Line-Strapless-Chiffon-white-ivory-wedding-dress-lace-up-/110761650394?pt=UK_Wedding_Clothing&var=&hash=item5f78523330#ht_3255wt_1170

• Vee Tee
    Beginner April 2012
    Vee Tee ·
    • Hide content

Clarabella, I just got my Bridesmaids dresses back from an overseas dressmaker that I ordered from on EBay. They are absolutely stunning!

I will try and remember and come back to pop the link on later when am at home.

• Michelle772012
    Beginner July 2012
    Michelle772012 ·
    • Hide content

I bought my flower girl dresses from ebay (hong kong) for £11.99 each they are stunning and glad i took a chance i checked feedback first and they had 100 percent i bought 4 dresses and they arrived within 10 days which i was not expecting fit is lovely and here is a flash

• S
    Beginner September 2012
    sept12bride ·
    • Hide content

Ive just bought a tea length dress from china, hoping it turns out okay!! lol. I also have a preloved long dress for the day but wanted a diffrent night dress :p

x

• bexybexy
    Beginner June 2018
    bexybexy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Carlwarly is my dress twin..i too got this dress from ebay and i am so pleased with it...

• C
    Beginner April 2012
    clarabella1972 ·
    • Hide content

Oo! Yes please!

• warlycarly
    Beginner September 2012
    warlycarly ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Woohoo!! I have a dress twin!!! How exciting!!!

I did take a gamble, but the price of it meant that if I din't like it I could just buy another one, but it turns out it's stunning!!

• warlycarly
    Beginner September 2012
    warlycarly ·
    • Hide content

BexyBexy did you get a veil with yours?

• Mrs-HFA
    Beginner December 2012
    Mrs-HFA ·
    • Hide content

Can I ask how you know the style will suit you? Do you try similar styles on elsewhere? Id just be worried to order something then not like it on.

• warlycarly
    Beginner September 2012
    warlycarly ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I saw a few on ebay that I liked, and I went into bridal shops and tried a few that looked similar. So that way I knew the style would suit me.

• bexybexy
    Beginner June 2018
    bexybexy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah very exciting hey!! I tried a few on in shops first so i knew what style best suited me....carlywarly i didnt get a veil with mine...im not a big fan of them..im having big hair instead!

• steffijp
    Beginner May 2013
    steffijp ·
    • Hide content

I've ordered one from Ebay just waiting on delivery now, its expected on 31st Oct so i'll let you know what i think. Mines a copy of an Alfred Angelo one and i really hope its as nice when it comes as it is on pics!!

• C
    Beginner April 2012
    clarabella1972 ·
    • Hide content

This is probably a dumb question, but how do you know if its a copy of a particular mainstream dress? presumably you can try the real one on in that case to see if it suits you?

Please do let me know how yours turned out and where you went for it. I'm currently looking at this lot: http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/charm_angell2046/m.html?hash=item641fee0117&item=130580841634&pt=UK_Wedding_Clothing&var=&_trksid=p4340.l2562

• steffijp
    Beginner May 2013
    steffijp ·
    • Hide content

I know its a copy as ive tried the original Alfred Angelo one on but couldnt afford the price tag, this one is costing me about 10% of the cost of the original, if that! The seller i used was https://stores.ebay.co.uk/perfectdress88810 i'll keep you updated as to quality etc as soon as it arrives.

• Vee Tee
    Beginner April 2012
    Vee Tee ·
    • Hide content

Here's the link for my bridesmaid dresses, you should check out the lady's shop.

THe dresses I got back were amazing!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300429802592?var=600001953752&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

• CarlaNath2013
    Beginner May 2013
    CarlaNath2013 ·
    • Hide content

Have a look at this site i found the other day http://www.dressesonlinesale.co.uk/ it does bridal wear at discount prices HTH

• C
    Beginner April 2012
    clarabella1972 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I just wondered if your dress came and what it turned out like? I hope it was everything you expected.

If it's any good, could you tell me where you got it from please?

Many thanks

Claire

• steffijp
    Beginner May 2013
    steffijp ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Claire, yes it came and im very pleased with it, it was from https://stores.ebay.co.uk/perfectdress88810

• steffijp
    Beginner May 2013
    steffijp ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Im your dress triplet! Lol, ive only just realised as the pictures werent showing up on my laptop!!

• M
    Beginner July 2012
    maxinegallie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I did but my dress from Ebay but not from a china store or anything, just a person selling there unfortunately not needed wedding dress. I spent lots of time looking at preloved! If you can find a dress you love to try on in stores, you can then see what prices are for a second-hand one on ebay (if nyou dont mind second hand that is).

What style of dress are you searching for, the hitchers here seem to know a HUGE amount about dresses and may be able to help you hunt a bargain

• E
    Beginner March 2012
    Emsypooh ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I also have this dress off ebay and love it. Do you have an underskirt for yours?

• bexybexy
    Beginner June 2018
    bexybexy ·
    • Hide content

Dress triplets....or are we quads now?

Yep i bought an underskirt seperately...it totally makes the dress....and meant i didnt need it shortened!

• warlycarly
    Beginner September 2012
    warlycarly ·
    • Hide content

Hello, I think we're quads!

I bought an underskirt seperately When I tried it on originally I thought 'OMG!! its WAY too big.... however, when I put a hoop under it, it loved it. ?

• bexybexy
    Beginner June 2018
    bexybexy ·
    • Hide content

Quads..i like it! Yeah i had the is it too big panic....but its gorgeous! x

• steffijp
    Beginner May 2013
    steffijp ·
    • Hide content

I havent tried mine with an underskirt yet as im borrowing my friends and she hasn't brought it up yet!! I cant wait to see the full effect!!

Yey dress quads haha!! x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics