Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsCase2013
Beginner July 2013

Has anyone bought bridesmaids dresses from eBay sellers in UK? **Flash**

MrsCase2013, 10 of December of 2011 at 12:55 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hi all,

I have fallen in love with the dress below for my bridesmaids:

Sorry for big image.The only problem is, it's from eBay and I'm a bit worried about it! The seller is called evica dresses, they're based in England and to be fair they do have 99.8% positive feedback, so I know it would probably be okay... But after hearing all the horror stories I'd love some reassurance!

I can't seem to find anything as blingy in shops, and these are a bargain at £70!

What do you think? x

10 replies

Latest activity by kyliee1987, 12 of December of 2011 at 09:23
  • kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

First of all, that's a lovely dress.

I've had a look and they do have a website outside of eBay: http://www.evica.co.uk

But, when you Google Streetview their address it appears to be a block of flats in Croydon. This might mean the dresses are still made abroad and shipped in by this company. Not that that needs to matter - loads of the clothes we wear every day are made abroad.

ETA: If it was me, I'd order one and see what it's like. They have quite a strict 7 day returns policy so I'd bear that in mind.

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

I've seen a few similar dresses (although not in that colour), but not at £70.
    As others have said, it may mean they have been shipped in from overseas, or that the quality isn't the same.

With the sellers feedback score, I probably wouldn't worry. Although even having 99.9% feedback can mean hundreds of negatives, if they have thousands of transactions overall, so look more into that than the % score and read what the comments say.

Check the sellers return policy too. You may be able to order and return within a certain period of time if it does not suit.

• MrsCase2013
    Beginner July 2013
    MrsCase2013 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks so much for your help girls! What good detective work - I'd never have thought of checking for a website or office on street view!

I think I will order them (nearer the time - obvs!) Because I can always return them, I hadn't seen they had a return policy.

You're all the best! x

• L
    Beginner September 2012
    Lucieaew ·
    • Hide content

I'm thinking of doing the same thing. I went to an ebays sellers premises today which turned out to be their front room. The dresses were good quality and very nice so I'm going to go for it. The only advice I could give you is that if you buy one then decide to buy the rest at a later date, the colours may not be an exact match. I would do my reasearch and either decide to go for it or not, that way the dresses will be made from the same roll of fabric.

Good luck xx

• S
    StaceyH ·
    • Hide content

I bought my girls' dresses off ebay and i knew full well they were from China. They made them to the girls measurements and arrived with no flaws and some free jewellery.. Which was brilliant because it was what i wanted to buy them!

• MrsCase2013
    Beginner July 2013
    MrsCase2013 ·
    • Hide content

The advice on Hitched never fails to amaze me - you girls think of everything! I am going to go for it, and will keep you updated on the outcome of the situation... Smiley smile Get free shawls with them too!

• sugarbox
    Beginner December 2012
    sugarbox ·
    • Hide content

The dress is so beautiful ,but i think it's too expensive .

• Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content

Can't help but just wanted to say that that dress is gorgeous!!!! I want my girls to wear them! Damn me having already ordered ours ☹️

The ones we've ordered our gorgeous too but they're not on the web-site yet so can't remind myself how much I like them ?

• C
    coniefoxdress ·
    • Hide content

It really is a amazing dresses,and you don't worried about this .you know i have ever bought a formal evening dresses in ebay which make me confused like you ,however ,i love it more in amazement for his quality ...hehe ,,good luck!!!

• K
    Beginner November 2012
    kyliee1987 ·
    • Hide content

Hi I ordered my bridesmaid dresses off ebay and forall the seller had good feedback my dresses were poor quality and didnt fit.

It took me ages to get a refund aswell.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics