Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner August 2013

Has anyone bought the convertible bridesmaid dresses from Dessy or Twobirds?

annie2000, 26 August, 2011 at 09:23 Posted on Planning 0 8

Have come across these dresses and they might be the answer to my dilemna of getting dresses to suit my 4 bridesmaids.

https://www.twobirdsnewyork.com/dress/classic

https://dessy.com/dresses/twist-long/

Has anyone bought these or similar dresses for their bridesmaids? Are they very heavy to wear as we are having a Greek Island wedding? I love the fact that they could have a different dress for the ceremony and for the reception if they wanted to, and the different styles might make them more rewearable after the wedding

8 replies

Latest activity by ScillyB2B, 1 September, 2011 at 16:18
  • nicnol
    Beginner October 2011
    nicnol ·
    • Hide content

I'm not but a girl I know is having them for her wedding next week.....I'll ask her for you if I speak to her before then!

ETA: they look lovely though and I think they will be perfect for your Greek island wedding!

• brenda.hu
    Beginner June 2012
    brenda.hu ·
    • Hide content

Actually i don't bought dress from these two shop ~i think dessy bridesmaid dress pretty beautiful..

• A
    Beginner August 2013
    annie2000 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

if you could get some feedback from her for me that would be great, thanks Nicnol Smiley amazing)

• A
    Beginner August 2013
    annie2000 ·
    • Hide content

Bump

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

Its a bit of a mullet dress isn't it. All business in the front, party at the back, woop woop! ha ha

• DaffyB
    Beginner June 2012
    DaffyB ·
    • Hide content

A convertible dress is really easy to make and so I would say they are really expensive for what they are. If you like the style I would say it would be worthwhile finding a dressmaker and asking how much they would charge to make you one. I made a convertible dress for myself and I'm only a novice at dressmaking. It didn't take me very long so I'm sure a professional dressmaker could whip one up within a couple of hours.

• ScillyB2B
    Beginner June 2012
    ScillyB2B ·
    • Hide content

Yes!! I wore one for my sister's wedding last weekend! I can totally recommend it. Although the day wasnt that hot, the hotel was and a lot of people (including all the boys in their suits) were getting quite uncomfortable- I was so comfy and cool all day. I loved loved loved it!

I cant remember where my sis got them from (I'll find out when shes back from honeymoon) but I think she only paid £50 for them. I think wherever it was had less colour choices than Dessy etc. We wore black and if I do say so myself the effect was very classy.

• ScillyB2B
    Beginner June 2012
    ScillyB2B ·
    • Hide content

****BARGAIN ALERT*****

Our dresses were from love label, and as I say they were brilliant. Only 3 colours to choose from unfortunately but here they are- currently on sale at, wait for it.....£11.

http://www.very.co.uk/love-label-multi-way-dress/729753124.prd

here is us on the day:

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics