Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner September 2013

Has anyone else changed their mind about their wedding dress?

Kk86, 16 of January of 2014 at 13:33 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi,

I changed my mind about my first wedding dress and have been trying to sell it on Ebay. I was just wondering if anyone else had done tis and what you experiences of selling the other one, etc, had been like?

2 replies

Latest activity by Kk86, 20 of January of 2014 at 11:15
  • W
    Beginner June 2015
    wacker80 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I am having major dress wobbles! I bought mine last year (in July) don't get married til June 2015 but i can't help wondering if i rushed it :-( Don't get me wrong its a beautiful dress but i don't think it's the one now! I think i will try it on again but petrified as it cost me £700 and i don't know if i would regret it if i sold it

It's hard i need to try it on again soon i think

Did you manage to sell yours hun x

• K
    Beginner September 2013
    Kk86 ·
    • Hide content

I know what you mean. When I first started planning my wedding I felt really overwhelmed and just wanted to organise as much as possible. I was contacted by a wedding dress shop that werre having a sample sale. I drove 50 mins to get there and my poor mum took a 3 hr bus ride to get to the dress shop. I felt so pressurised to get something so I went with the best dress I tried on (also got a £40 parking ticket at the time) - and it is a really nice dress. However I kept having doubts because it was 3 sizes too big (was worried it couldnt be altered, though they said at the shop that it probably would), so I ended up going to a designer dress outlet where I saw an incredible dress in my size that suited me better. The first dress cost me £450 and the second one cost £700.

I've been trying to sell the £450 dress on Ebay, Bride2Bride and preloved since November. I've had a lot of queries but only one offer. She was only prepared to pay £375 and has wanted loads of measurements to give her seamstress. I don't know if she will end up buying it.

I feel so foolish because it is my fault for buying the first dress, though I've heard this is fairly common among brides?

I hope you find your dream dress soon wacker80!

xxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics