Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Has anyone else found out they are pregnant shortly before their wedding?

19 of December of 2016 at 21:10 Posted on Planning 0 4

So, my fiancé and I found out yesterday that we are expecting ? We get married in 96 days so I'll be about 17 weeks at the wedding. Has anyone else been in this situation? I think I'll be fine with my dress (the last fitting, I still had room in it and it is a corset back).

4 replies

Latest activity by DreamsComeTrue2015, 20 of December of 2016 at 16:12
  • H
    Beginner May 2017
    HappyRedStationery700 ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations! I'll have had my baby about 4.5 months before we get married, but I do know a couple of people who have got married while pregnant. One couple about half way through, and another very heavily pregnant! I think as long as you're sensible you'll be fine. Most important thing is to make sure you take regular breaks to sit down with people for a little while so you don't exhaust yourself as it will be a long day, and make sure you don't get too distracted and caught up in everything and forget to have regular snacks and sips of water to keep your energy and hydration up. Sounds like your dress is ideal and shouldn't be an issue at that point - exciting times!! ?? xx

• H
    Beginner May 2017
    HappyRedStationery700 ·
    • Hide content

I definitely wouldn't last in heels all day - I hate wearing them anyway ? Feel like I have to for the wedding but if I'd been pregnant I'd have said screw it and got fancy flats haha ? Easier for me to do though as my dress is the kinda style where I can easily get away with it! I was showing at 17 weeks but it was very neat so as long as you don't use the "eating for two" excuse you'll look lovely anyway, even in a fishtail dress lol It'll be so cute to have a little bump for the pictures I think ?

• DreamsComeTrue2015
    Beginner July 2017
    DreamsComeTrue2015 ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations! I hope your pregnancy goes smoothly for you guys! We won't be pregnant for ours but we intend to try and conceive quite quickly afterwards.

Just take it nice and easy on the day. No stress! If there's drama then designate people to deal with anything that comes up. You and baby don't need the extra stress.

You'll probably be showing by then I would imagine (I had a tiny bump with my daughter so you probably wouldn't have known for sure when I was 17 weeks) but you'll have the glow. And presumably people will know? You'll look gorgeous!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics