Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Has anyone ever tried the Dukan diet?

6 December, 2010 at 22:32 Posted on Planning 0 72

Just wondering really. I've got a few friends who swear by it, and so Mr S and I are both thinking of giving it a go. I like the idea of the "attack" phase as I need motivation to keep going!

Just wondering if there is any experience of it over here?

72 replies

Latest activity by Red Baroness, 9 December, 2010 at 10:40
  • kj82
    Beginner December 2010
    kj82 ·
    • Hide content

Not me personally but my dress lady has lost LOADS of weight doing it. Everytime i see her shes lost another stone!

• Kitty824
    Beginner December 2011
    Kitty824 ·
    • Hide content

Not me personally but my sister went on it to loose her baby weight she lost 2 1/2 stone in like 10 -12 weeks and she is thinner now than before she was pregnant. guess what diet Im going on in January... haha!

• panda2011
    Beginner September 2011
    panda2011 ·
    • Hide content

I've done it! It is fab. Make sure you buy the two Dukan diet books as they really help. You can also buy oat bran from tescos at the moment which is a vital part of the diet. I lost 8lbs doing a 5 day attack phase & it has stayed off. You need to be disciplined about what you eat being from the 'allowed' foods but if you are organised & follow the approved reciepes then it isn't too bad & you never feel hungry. I'm off the diet over christmas but going to go back on it big time after christmas. Another tip - tescos be good to yourself frozen mince beef is only 6.6% fat & cheap so is awesome if you want to make your own beef burgers, meatballs etc.

• panda2011
    Beginner September 2011
    panda2011 ·
    • Hide content

Oh. forgot to mention. It is vital that you keep going on the oatbran after you finish the diet. Really helps keep the weight off!

• panda2011
    Beginner September 2011
    panda2011 ·
    • Hide content

It is well worth getting both books - the first one gives you a few recipies & tells you the ins & out of how to do the diet & wh it works & how to keep yourself motivated. The second one gives you about 250 different meal ideas to take you right through the complete diet. I got mine off Amazon. There is also a Dukan diet facebook group which has lots of fab ideas or you can pay (about £3 a week) to join the Dukan diet online support group where you get a personal 'coach' who will help you if you have any blips & also gives loads more ideas for meals etc. Good luck & let me know how you go! xx

• Debbie Graham Jewellery
    Debbie Graham Jewellery ·
    • Hide content

It is the BEST diet I have EVER tried (& I have tried plus failed at quite a few)

I did it a few months ago as I wanted to lose some weight for my hols to Cyprus in October. I lost almost 2 stone in approx 9 weeks.

Not once did I feel like I was missing out on anything & NEVER went hungry, it really was fabby.

I have started it again in time for xmas/new year & although I stopped it the first time just before I went on my hols, I ate like a queenon my hols & only put 4lbs on from the original weight I lost.

I did do the attack phase for longer than it stated, I did mine for 2 weeks but lost alomost a stone in those 2 weeks.

I have gone down 2 jeans sizes & feel fab.

Hope that helps

Debbie

x

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

What is it like in comparison to slimming world? I found all the syn counting a bit of a task on that!

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

My SIL2b (and bridesmaid) has done it and she absolutely raved about it. Given the responses on here, I might have to give it a whirl. I fail miserably at diets normally and have zero willpower so if this is as easy as it sounds, it might be the right approach for me. I need to see a big result quickly in order to keep up my motivation past a week or two.

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

Can one of you Dukan converts give us a list of a typical day on it, please? I'm intrigued.

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WSS.

I hope there is no counting, as I always manage to cheat go over some how!

• xsammix
    Beginner February 2011
    xsammix ·
    • Hide content

Can I join you starstruck? ?

I have 12 weeks to get down to my pre pregnancy weight to fit into my dress, I need all the help and motivation I can get. [insert desperate icon here]

xx

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

I'd also love to know what a typical day involves. I've never heard of it but if it's as good as earlier posters have made out, then I'm interested!

• xsammix
    Beginner February 2011
    xsammix ·
    • Hide content

A meal plan sounds good!

I`ve just ordered the book....are you ordering the recipe book to go with it?

Are you doing three days of attack?

• xsammix
    Beginner February 2011
    xsammix ·
    • Hide content

That doesn't seem to bad....?

What do you think?x

• Kitty824
    Beginner December 2011
    Kitty824 ·
    • Hide content

I think I will start with you ladies! why wait until after christmas?! good luck! Im going to borrow books off my sister. With amount Ive got to loose il be on attack phase forever though! hehe! ?

• xsammix
    Beginner February 2011
    xsammix ·
    • Hide content

Found this too:

Phase one: attack (1-10 days)

The Attack Phase consists of an almost exclusively protein diet. The amount of time you decide to stay on it will depend on you and your goals, but you can expect to lose up to around 2lb a day. There are 10 food categories to build your diet around and the best bit is that you can have as much as you like. Eating a mix of all or some of these foods will give you instant results.

Lean meat - including grilled or roasted beef, veal or rabbit, but not pork or lamb as they're too fatty.

Lean ham - pre-cooked, sliced ham is nutritionally comparable to fresh cuts and better for this diet as it tends to have a lower fat content.

Poultry - any type, with the exception of goose and duck (unless they are wild), and excluding any skin.

Fish - any variety - white, oily or smoked.

Shellfish - all types are allowed.

Eggs - can be eaten in any form provided they are not cooked in oil or butter. Herbs and any meat can spice up scrambled eggs or an omelette.

Offal - only liver and tongue.

Fat-free dairy products - as they contain practically only protein.

Water - if you're hooked on hot drinks, fear not, tea and coffee are allowed (but don't add dairy milk) and you can have diet soft drinks.

Oat bran - by including this in the diet, Dr Dukan says he quickly saw an improvement in results.

Read more:

https://www.prima.co.uk/

x

• panda2011
    Beginner September 2011
    panda2011 ·
    • Hide content

It's one of the few diets where you can drink herbal teas (not sure if fruit teas are ok due to the sugar content which your body converts to carbohydrate) diet soft drinks & as much tea & coffee as you like. The only restriction is that you have skimmed instead of semi or full fat milk. You can have as much fat free natural yoghurt as you like (Onken do a lovely one) but it must not contain fruit due to the sugar content. Yes you do miss pasta/bread/cake etc but because you can see a real result on the scales it is well worth it! Dukan has a special method of making pancakes with your oatbran & yoghurt which are lovely & worth trying. Yoghurt can also be used with things like lemon juice & mint to make nice dressings to go on chicken & fish. I find I actually want to eat LESS when I'm on the diet than I would do usually. Do get yourself a good set of digital bathroom scales if you don't already have some as watching the daily weight loss is a huge motivating factor. Remember the first few days you may get a slightly funny tummy while your body adjusts to so much protein without fruit/veg/carbs so this will make you look like you are losing less weight than you actually are. Once your tummy settles you suddenly realise you've lost another 4lbs!

• Kitty824
    Beginner December 2011
    Kitty824 ·
    • Hide content

Think a trip to tesco's is in order... they do some lovely frozen salmon pieces, you just take them out the freezer pop them in the oven half an hour and job done! i love fish, cheese and meat so think this will be good! good luck starstruck et al!

• panda2011
    Beginner September 2011
    panda2011 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you aren't allowed to eat cheese due to it's high fat content. But as much red meat, chicken, fish & natural yoghurt as you like ?

• panda2011
    Beginner September 2011
    panda2011 ·
    • Hide content

I'm sure they will be fine Starstruck. If you like fennel that is fantastic to drink while you are on the diet as it actually helps weight loss in the same way that the diet does. Also, peppermint tea can help settle your tum if it feels a bit odd with all the protein.

• Kitty824
    Beginner December 2011
    Kitty824 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I meant to put yoghurt there not cheese... I guess I was to busy thinking og the things I will miss haha!

• xsammix
    Beginner February 2011
    xsammix ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooh I like peppermint tea! ?

I found this for some Dukan diet friendly recipes....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1311382/The-Dukan-Diet-just-got-better-Now-eat-gourmet-food-AND-stay-slim.html

Oh, and apparently oatbran porridge is good for breakfast!

x

P.S. Thanks for all the tips Panda! ?

• panda2011
    Beginner September 2011
    panda2011 ·
    • Hide content

Yep, that's the 100 food list ? Be careful though as if I remember correctly there are restrictions on how much/many times a week you are allowed to eat foods 72 onwards in the cruise phase. You also need to make sure you have pure protein Thursdays as this is an important part of the diet too.

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

I have just ordered the book from Amazon because of you lot! ?

Hope it works, fingers crossed.

• xsammix
    Beginner February 2011
    xsammix ·
    • Hide content

Sounds good ? I've found alot of yoghurt based sauces and things that I think will be good for variety.

How much weight are you aiming to lose? (if you don't mind me asking that is!!) x

• Snuggle-bum
    Beginner July 2011
    Snuggle-bum ·
    • Hide content

What are you girls like you are such an influence.....I have just ordered the books....?

I'll be doing after chrimble, i'll read up first to get to *know* it then have a good go, will be a good kick start after new year.

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

Does anyone know how something like this works without dairy? I'm lactose-intolerant but I'm not sure how soya milk fits in with the plan! I certainly haven't found any fat-free soya yoghurts Smiley sad

• panda2011
    Beginner September 2011
    panda2011 ·
    • Hide content

Sammyjay, hop on to the Dukan Diet website as they have loads of helpful advise on there & wll be able to tell you if this diet is for you or not. I think perhaps we need to start up a Dukan Diet Thread in the Weight Loss Forum so everyone on Dukan can support each other. There must be about half a dozen of us now who are either about to start it or will be on it after Christmas so it'd be fab to share meal ideas etc ?

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I will need this! I don't think I'll find the first phase easy at all because I ❤️ carbs!

• xsammix
    Beginner February 2011
    xsammix ·
    • Hide content

You don't sound like you need to lose anything. . .?

?

I haven't weighed myself since F was born 4 weeks ago. I'm too scared too...

Pre pregnancy I was 10st 7lbs, but ideally I would like to get down to the lower end of 10st.....10st anything would be nice though.

Has anyones book come yet?

• yummymummy05
    Beginner November 2010
    yummymummy05 ·
    • Hide content

This diet sounds quite good to be honest. If you dont mind me asking, does it cost anything?

• xsammix
    Beginner February 2011
    xsammix ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You can join the website and get personal coaching which costs you money.

However, I think the majority of us have just ordered the book via Amazon (Starstruck has posted a link) and tbh there is alot of info on the net.

Basically. There are 4 stages and certain foods you are allowed to eat in those stages. It's pretty straight forward! ?

HTH

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics