Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Has anyone ever tried the Dukan diet?

6 December, 2010 at 22:32

Posted on Planning 72

Just wondering really. I've got a few friends who swear by it, and so Mr S and I are both thinking of giving it a go. I like the idea of the "attack" phase as I need motivation to keep going! Just wondering if there is any experience of it over here?

Just wondering really. I've got a few friends who swear by it, and so Mr S and I are both thinking of giving it a go. I like the idea of the "attack" phase as I need motivation to keep going!

Just wondering if there is any experience of it over here?

72 replies

• M
    Beginner October 2011
    mrs_lewis_2b ·
    • Hide content

A friend of mine has been trying to get me on this - she lost 5 stone! I've been hesitant cause I LOVE carbs!! But, you have all kicked-started me now and my books are on the way!!! Smiley smile

Great idea to put a thread on there - maybe we should organise a weekly weigh in and post our results!! (maybe with a flash of the scales so there's no cheating!!) I know that will motivate me!!!

Like others though, I'm going to start after Christmas - I don't want to feel guilty as hell for dinking alcohol and eating chocolates!!!

• yummymummy05
    Beginner November 2010
    yummymummy05 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks sammi, I'll order the books and give it a go after christmas

• xsammix
    Beginner February 2011
    xsammix ·
    • Hide content

Ohh there are quite a few of us now!

I would love to start after xmas but I get married in february and I've got to lose this baby weight to fit into my dress. So I'm on it as soon as my book arrives! ?

x

• yummymummy05
    Beginner November 2010
    yummymummy05 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks starstruck,

I still have baby weight to shift and my son is almost 5 now! I dont want to be 'skinny', just comfortable enough to fit in clothes i can buy on the high street and not have to look for the bigger sections in shops. I would be very happy to get down to my pre-pregnancy weight of 13st.

• xsammix
    Beginner February 2011
    xsammix ·
    • Hide content

? I'm coming shopping with you!

Oh, and I spent a tenner on some digital scales too. Which I am going to pick up today and weigh myself ☹️

x

ETA: Lol you better keep me motivated Starstruck! I think I might have to have a treat day on xmas day though!!

• M
    Beginner October 2011
    mrs_lewis_2b ·
    • Hide content

YAY!! ?

Soooooo..... shall I start a thread with our starting weight on?? I am happy to go first!!!

• xsammix
    Beginner February 2011
    xsammix ·
    • Hide content

? if only there was such a diet!!

• panda2011
    Beginner September 2011
    panda2011 ·
    • Hide content

Girls, I've just set a Dukan Diet Support Thread up in Weight Loss Forum so we can all support each other. I've got both Dukan books so I'm happy to stick some of the recipies that I've used in there & I think it'll be great if we can all help motivate each other ? We'll soon all be rather slimmer than we are now!

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes please to the recipes!

*goes to have a nose*

• yummymummy05
    Beginner November 2010
    yummymummy05 ·
    • Hide content

Thats it, I took the plunge and ordered the books. I'll be starting after christmas

• Bittersweet
    Beginner June 2012
    Bittersweet ·
    • Hide content

After reading everyones posts i have just ordered the book. It seems that i am forever dieting, with no avail. Im a size 12-14 and 6ft. But want to lose weight and tone it all before our wedding!

Heres to hoping!! Smiley smile

• P
    Beginner April 2011
    Pollyjean35 ·
    • Hide content

Can anyone tell me how this diet differs from the Atkins? thanks!!!

• Bittersweet
    Beginner June 2012
    Bittersweet ·
    • Hide content

The dukan diet is based on low fat meat, unlike the Atkins..see following Link Smiley smile Hope that helps

http://blogs.howstuffworks.com/2010/04/21/how-the-dukan-diet-works-the-french-diet-that-is-supposed-to-end-the-obesity-epidemic/

• panda2011
    Beginner September 2011
    panda2011 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It is basically a healthier, more balanced version of Atkins without a lot of the downsides of the Atkins diet. It's designed as a long term eating plan which does include veg after the first stages & is meant to be a long term weight loss solution, not a crash diet.

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

Anyone got their book yet?

Anyone else worrying that eating mainly meat for a few days will make them feel ick?

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

When question - what about booze?

• panda2011
    Beginner September 2011
    panda2011 ·
    • Hide content

Sorry CB, booze isn't allowed as your body converts it to carbohydrate ☹️ Illi, you don't feels sick eating so much meat but you feel full a lot more quickly in my experience. I found after a few days that I was naturally a lot less hungry & eating less than I would normally ?

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

Not even a little gin and slimline tonic?

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

[:'(]

• panda2011
    Beginner September 2011
    panda2011 ·
    • Hide content

That is pretty much spot on Starstruck ?

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

?

So glad I didn't open that bottle of wine in the fridge the other night! Although it was calling my name last night.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics