Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner November 2021

has anyone experienced a bridesmaid like my one? What do I do?

LuxuriousYellowBridesmaid728, 30 of January of 2017 at 23:46 Posted on Planning 0 2

I'm the bride and I have known my best friend for 6 years and suddenly she has became unreliable. She was my maid of honour but I asked her to step down as a bridesmaid as she was deciding who was day guests and night guests for my wedding and saying nasty things about some guests. She accepted to being a bridesmaid with my other close friend and my sister in law. I have recently just lost two close family members and my brother has fell ill since then too which she knows about. She agreed to go to a venue with me to pay the deposit as my groom working abroad at the moment however she didn't turn up. She hasn't responded to my texts (but has read them) and has hung up the phone when I have called. She has ignored me since I asked her if she was still ok to visit the venue with me and that was two weeks ago. I feel really let down and want to ask someone else to take her bridesmaid position. I feel in such a bad place at the moment. I have asked if everything is ok at home with her but still no response but she has been out partying at the weekends. I don't know what to do. Just looking for suggestions. Thanks

2 replies

Latest activity by HappyBlueCars582, 6 of February of 2017 at 22:20
  • Mrs_Conduct
    Expert June 2017
    Mrs_Conduct ·
    • Hide content

I'm so sorry I don't have any advice. I want to say to talk to her about it, but it sounds like you've tried to speak to her but not been successful. Maybe have a think, if you speak to her and tell her you know longer want her as a bridesmaid would you be very upset if she fell out with you and didn't attend the wedding?

I've had this with a bridesmaid who is my step sister. When I really thought about it I couldn't be bothered with the hassle. She is still a bridesmaid but I know she'll just turn up, wear her dress and stand for photos but at least I know that.

• L
    Beginner April 2017
    LuxuriousOrangeStationery624 ·
    • Hide content

It sounds as though she is finding it hard to be happy for you for some reason and is hiding from it all. I think give it a deadline in your head and if she hasn't stepped up by then, just tell her that you thought you had been ghosted so you decided to stick with just the two bridesmaids. If she is letting you down at this stage then I would leave it and find someone more worthy. It sounds like you have done all you can!

• H
    Rockstar June 2020
    HappyBlueCars582 ·
    • Hide content

Sounds to me like she's struggling to be happy for you too. Does she have a partner? Maybe she's feeling insecure and worried she will lose you as a friend once you are married or that the friendship will change. Does she get on with your partner? Could it be she doesn't think he's good enough for you or something like that?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics