Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Pheonix
Beginner August 2011

Has anyone got ides of how I can display photos

Pheonix, 23 of November of 2010 at 16:41 Posted on Planning 0 19

Hi All,

I'd really like some photos at my reception, parents wedding photos, engagement shoot, old photos of us and our friends but I don't know how to display them, I'd love small frames scattered about but as my reception venue is a barn there aren't really the surfaces to do that. I also thought about a slideshow up on the wall but again I don't think thats possible at my venue. There isn't a screen and there's no white wall.

Any thoughts/ ideas ladies?

I'm sure there's loads I haven't even considered...

19 replies

Latest activity by Sherrie H, 24 of November of 2010 at 10:51
  • Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

Photos made into bunting...

Frames on ribbon hung from the ceiling...

One big frame with a collage of photos on an easel...

• KristaltippsHall
    Beginner February 2011
    KristaltippsHall ·
    • Hide content

My cousin had like a photo "wall" - she just arranged them all really nicely on a huge board and then propped it against a wall and everyone went over for a mosey. Twas lovely.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

How about these ideas:

• KristaltippsHall
    Beginner February 2011
    KristaltippsHall ·
    • Hide content

Oooh LOVE the bunting idea - that sounds like it would really work with your venue too!

• Pheonix
    Beginner August 2011
    Pheonix ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all the ideas,

I can't attach anything to the ceiling or walls and unfortunately I'm not sure where I could put bunting - I was thinking of having some handmade bunting but ruled it out because I can't work out where it would go!

I like the idea of the big board covered in photos, wonder how we would get it there.... mmmm I may have to think on that it would look really good opposite the bar

Sheri I love the tree idea very cool again sadly there aren't any trees big enough and close enough to hang anything from plus the venue are having to set up for me and I don't want to complicate it too much

• Hello Sunshine
    Beginner
    Hello Sunshine ·
    • Hide content

You could peg photos to a length of ribbon attached to a wall - this is what we wanted to do but there's no blank wall for us to use really - too many windows!

Alternatively we're going to use an easel and put a board of photos on there, or as we might put small frames with a little collage on each table. This will probably just be pics of us though as we're naming the tables after places we've holidayed - I can't decide if that makes us look a bit narcissistic though ?

Another idea was to use something like those wishing trees you see online and peg photos to that, but it was proving too much of a faff.

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

I love the frames attached to the tree!!

mum and i are going to make some boards. im not sure if they have a name, we have seen them in shops and decidedwe can make them easily enough.

hopefully you will know what i mean by my description, you get a board maybe a bit of padding, over with material, then get ribbon and criss cross it across the board so you slip the photos under the ribbon to stay in place! (handy if you have old pic too you dont want to put pins in!

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

This is what i was trying to describe!

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Like this:

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Sherrie, at least i want talking total gobbledegooch!!!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I'm on my phone so can't post a pic but I'm hoping my description will work. If you can't attach anything to anything, how about getting two topiary trees and tying ribbon between the two to attach photos onto? Have seen it done with wish cards before, will try and post a picture of what I mean later!!!

• raincloud
    Beginner August 2011
    raincloud ·
    • Hide content

You can get photo things with bases that have stiffish wires coming out of them and on the end of the wires are crocodile clips which you can clip photos too. Not sure where you can buy them but they used to be really popular - seen similar things recently. Am I making any sence?! Anyhow I am hoping to have one of these or make a family tree with lots of branches in a big vase with the photos mounted and hung from the branches. You could spray the branches but I think i am doing ikt au natural!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

How about digital photo frames? You can set them up to run a slideshow really easily, that way you could have one or two and use less space. Or mix it up, a tree for the photos you don't have digitally and a digiframe for those you do...

• Welshthistle
    Welshthistle ·
    • Hide content

What we did was have photos as table numbers like this:

Rubbish photo but hopefully you get the idea!

Family wedding photos:

• bygeorge
    bygeorge ·
    • Hide content

I can't remember whether it's at the Tithe Barn or Manor Barn, but one of them has a screen that has ribbon pinned onto it to make diamond shapes a bit like a leaded window. A couple of times I've seen people use it to slot photos onto and it looks really good. Have a horrible feeling it's Manor Barn though!!

• Wedding Photographer
    Wedding Photographer ·
    • Hide content

Laptop, large flatscreen monitor

• Pheonix
    Beginner August 2011
    Pheonix ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all your replies, i've got loads of ideas now. I think it will end up being either a tv/laptop combo or a large board with photos on i'll have to look at the logistics of both. I love some of the other ideas but we have sooo many photos we want to disply I'm not sure there would be enough room ?

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Just come across this:

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics