Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

D
Beginner August 2014

Has anyone got married at Cressbrook Hall in Buxton, Derbyshire?

DerbyshireBride, 28 February, 2013 at 20:54 Posted on Planning 0 18

Hi everyone

Still on the hunt for wedding venues and have come across Cressbrook Hall in Buxton, Derbyshire as a potential one to go and look at. Just wondering if anyone else has married here or looked at it. We've just come across a couple of bad reviews (although there are more positive ones) that have unnerved me a little bit.

x

18 replies

Latest activity by DerbyshireBride, 14 May, 2013 at 21:16
  • J
    Beginner
    josephine ·
    • Hide content

I haven't, but it's a beautiful part of the world, and looks lovely. I am getting married at Losehill House Hotel near Hope/Castleton.

• Kriek
    Beginner December 2012
    Kriek ·
    • Hide content

I haven't been there for a wedding but I went to a conference there a few years ago. The surroundings are beautiful but the food wasn't great when I went. That said, it was a couple of years ago so things may have improved. If you like the look of it I would go along and speak to the manager and discuss any concerns you might have.

• Melty Cat
    Beginner July 2016
    Melty Cat ·
    • Hide content

This was actually the place I always wanted to get married at. The area is beautiful and so is the place, but... It was no match for Butterley Grange Mansion! Seriously, if you want a great venue in Derbyshire I highly recommend it. Jane Fair is the person to speak to if you wanted a viewing. It's seriously worth a look. Smiley laugh

• D
    Beginner August 2014
    DerbyshireBride ·
    • Hide content

I've looked at Butterly Grange Mansion online and it does look absolutely gorgeous but I think it's unfortunately way out of our price range ☹️

Losehill is also one I've looked at but again think it comes in out of budget because of having to have the exclusivity and all the rooms which we probably wouldn't use. It looks lovely though ?

We're going to have a look at Cressbrook Hall anyway and hopefully we'll get a particular feeling about it either way.

• Jen_P
    Dedicated August 2013
    Jen_P ·
    • Hide content

I live near by to Cressbrook Hall and it is beautiful! We seriously considered it for ours but we went for Hargate Hall in the end. x

• Melty Cat
    Beginner July 2016
    Melty Cat ·
    • Hide content

Not being nosey, obviously, but what sort of busget do you have for a venue? I booked Butterley Grange, bandstand ceremony, carvery dinner with two desserts, got a free engagement party, exclusive use, use of all bedrooms on site and a pool party brunch the following day for £6000.

• D
    Beginner August 2014
    DerbyshireBride ·
    • Hide content

That's an amazing price. I'm sure when I emailed them for an initial idea of costs the response I got back said the hire of the venue alone was like £11k so I didn't pursue any further. We've got a budget of about £8k so what you've got for £6k is brilliant. Was there any special reason for that price? e.g. are you having your wedding midweek, out of main season, last minute, anything like that?

• Melty Cat
    Beginner July 2016
    Melty Cat ·
    • Hide content

Ours is on the 24th (Lucky number for my H2B) and the 25th for the brunch. That's a sunday and monday. I could have a chat with Jane if you'd like to see what deals she can offer. I'm seeing her on saturday for a few plans and such, so it wouldn't be a problem. She often has deals on, especially now wedding season is back on again. Smiley smile

• D
    Beginner August 2014
    DerbyshireBride ·
    • Hide content

That's so lovely of you to offer, thank you. Would definitely be interested in what she could offer as I really am amazed as the difference in your costs and the original price I was given. We're looking at a Saturday in early September or possibly the August bank holiday Sunday next year so appreciate we probably won't be able to negotiate quite as a good a deal.

• Melty Cat
    Beginner July 2016
    Melty Cat ·
    • Hide content

I'll be sure to write it down in my 'things to ask' list, haha. And no problem. I'll let you know what I find out.

• L
    Beginner May 2015
    Liswa ·
    • Hide content

Hi

We went to visit Cressbrook Hall yesterday and the view/surrounding areas are absolutely stunning! The venue itself is very grand and the price wasn't too bad actually but we are getting married on a weekday so the price halves instantly! We have a few more we would like to visit first but Cressbrook is going to be very hard to beat. I would thoroughly recommend visiting it before you make a decision...

Hope this helps x

• Melty Cat
    Beginner July 2016
    Melty Cat ·
    • Hide content

Sorry for the double post, but I saw my wedding co-ordinator on saturday as planned. There's a wedding fayre at the mansion on sunday the 24th of march and there will be discounts up to £5000 on certain dates. I'm not sure which dates they will be, but yeah... Feel free to go have another nosey anyway. Hehe.

• D
    Beginner August 2014
    DerbyshireBride ·
    • Hide content

Thank you! I might go along for a nosey and I do love a good wedding fayre ?

We actually went to see Cressbrook at the weekend too and loved it - I totally forgot I was worried about anything as soon as we arrived at the door! I think there's only one more we've got to see which could potentially come close, but that's likely over budget so it's very much the front runner at the moment.

• L
    Beginner May 2015
    Liswa ·
    • Hide content

What's the other venue you are going to visit out of interest? We went to see Blackbrook in Belper last night which, looking at the price list, is very expensive! How did you find the owner at Cressbrook?

• Melty Cat
    Beginner July 2016
    Melty Cat ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Me too. I've actually had a table at the BGM fayre for my shoe business before. This time I'll be visiting as just me though. I love any excuse to visit the place. Hehe. (Don't know what I'll do after my wedding! I'll have no excuse then. Smiley tongue ) Hope to see you there! Smiley laugh I'll probably be wearing blue... As always.

• D
    Beginner August 2014
    DerbyshireBride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We're going to see Tissington Hall nr Ashbourne next week. Looks lovely but is really (with my sensible hat on) over budget and doesn't have accommodation. We were also going to see Peak Edge Hotel in Chesterfield on Sunday as there's a wedding fayre on but OH isn't even interested in looking at that now he's so taken with Cressbrook. Think it will be a girly day out with my mum for that one!

Thought the owner at Cressbrook was lovely - out of all the places we've seen she's the one who's seemed most flexible and you feel like you'd get a more personal service.

• Melty Cat
    Beginner July 2016
    Melty Cat ·
    • Hide content

Tissington Hall was one of my other choices, but that was WAAAY over my budget. (Cost more than BGM!) Lovely place though. Always worth a look round the hall and village. I love it there. Smiley heart

• J
    Beginner May 2013
    JWebb4 ·
    • Hide content

You may have already decided on a venue but I have just seen your post and wanted to reply. I get married at Cressbrook Hall in two weeks time. The staff have been great so far. We have visited several times, each time we have been made very welcome and put at ease. What ever you want and how ever you want it - it can be arranged. Bobby, the owner has offered great advice and has made suggestions that we have been very grateful of. The setting is stunning. We are hoping for a sunny day so we can get married outside. I cannot wait for my wedding day (29th May) to see it all come together.

Good Luck!

• D
    Beginner August 2014
    DerbyshireBride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi!

We booked Tissington Hall in the end - we just fell in love with it and certain things suited us better personally.

We did go to see Cressbrook though and it is beautiful. The gardens and surrounding view is so lovely - keeping my fingers crossed for you for the weather!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics