Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

VikingPrincess
Beginner December 2011

Has anyone got married at Harewood House?

VikingPrincess, 1 May, 2010 at 10:52 Posted on Planning 0 13

Hi all!

I was wondering if people could share their experiences of either having got married at Harewood House near Leeds or been to a wedding there?

We are getting married there in December next year, at The Courtyard.

Thanks!

13 replies

Latest activity by VikingPrincess, 11 May, 2010 at 21:16
  • Mel B
    Beginner
    Mel B ·
    • Hide content

Hi VP

My brother had his reception at Harewood house, the courtyard last July and it was beautiful! After the church service in Moortown, we all arrived at Harewood and had champagne in the gardens and then went down to the courtyard for the wedding breakfast....fantastic food and then onto the evening reception, the DJ was excellent and we danced the night away. Highly recommended!

x

• Debbie Graham Jewellery
    Debbie Graham Jewellery ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I live just a few miles from there & have been to a wedding there too.

Amazing place!! Gorgeous food & beautiful surroundings.

My husband has just booked us tickets to go see James Morrison there in July, we are taking my 13 yr old son with us, so hope he enjoys it.

You will have the most amazing wedding there!!

Debbie

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content

OMG OMG Debbie - I have tickets for JM in July there too! We live 4.4 miles from Harewood House and go nearly weekly as my OH is a photographer and he keeps experimenting with landscape and wildlife photography there. I was just wondering from a wedding point of view if people have any experiences to share and so far both your answer and Mel B's have made me feel even more comfortable. I hope it snows - the pics would be fantastic!!!

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes I know the Church at Moortown, do you mean the one on the roundabout? St John's? That's where I got married 1st time in 1995, unfortunately we divorced after 11 years and now it's second time round for me but 1st for my H2B.

• Hide content
    View quoted message

Ha Ha...small world isnt it!!

Just noticed that it is NOT a picnic concert, which means no drinks or food of any kind to be taken in...boo hoo Also means we will all get stung for high priced drinks.

Just hope the weather stays nice. You just never know with british summer time.

I live over in Wetherby (well Kirk Deighton, which is right nxt to Wetherby)

May see you at the concert!!

Debbie

x

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Like you said, small world so you never know, may be seeing you! No, it's not, actually I am just looking at the tickets pinned on the corkboard in my home office....We live in Alwoodley, North Leeds....

• Hide content

I know where you are, you are probably the same distance from H house as we are, just in the other direction.

I have not been to a concert since Madonna was at Roundhay Park (oh so many moons ago & showing my age now)

Debbie

x

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha same here, my last concert was Michael Jackson's Dangerous Tour in 1992 in Bucharest! Like my H2B says I am 30.7 not 37!!! LOL

• Hide content

Oh well that makes me 30.9 then....he..he..he

• V
    Beginner August 2011
    vixiebell ·
    • Hide content

Hi all

I'm trying to decide where to have my wedding reception and the Courtyard at Harewood House is one of the options. (We want it to be near or in Harrogate)

I grew up near there but haven't been back for a few years.

Does anyone have any a picture from any wedding of how the courtyard room was set up? On the website it looks quite thin and long and I'm having trouble imagining lots of people in it!

I know Mel B you said you went to a wedding in there- did it feel claustrophobic?

Thanks for your help

• Mel B
    Beginner
    Mel B ·
    • Hide content

Hi Vb.

I'm sorry I don't have any pictures of the inside. The room is not really thin and long, it is a square-ish size with a small (but not really small) connection hall with the bar in (so it separates the room and the dance floor) and the then the dance floor is beyond which is a medium sized room and the whole thing comfortably fit 100 people in; bearing in mind the doors to the courtyard are kept open so alot of people we enjoying the warm air outside with their drinks and kept going inside to dance, so not all people were in one space all the time. Totally not claustrophobic. A brilliant wedding!

HTH x

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content

Glad to hear it Mel B as I thought it was a bit rather long and narrow but then again we are going next week to have a look again as the only time we saw it was during April's Wedding fair and it was rather full of wedding stalls!

• Mel B
    Beginner
    Mel B ·
    • Hide content

OH and I went to look at Harewood for our wedding before deciding on Walton Hall, I personally felt it did look a bit of a wierd shape but tbh when all the people are in it's brilliant. Enjoy looking round it....oh yeah, and the welcome drinks in the grounds were absolutely amazing.....sipping champagne looking out at those views was breathtaking!

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks, though I don't know, unless they put patio heaters on having drinks on the grounds on 23rd Dec is going to be quite a feat! LOL

Yes it does look a bit narrow but we have a maximum of 48 people at the Wedding breakfast and about 75 in the evening so...should be OK.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics