Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner October 2011

Has anyone had artificial flowers for there wedding bouquet?

fatbride, 3 February, 2011 at 16:40 Posted on Planning 0 28

Hi all, i was just looking into arftifical wedding flowers and was wondering if any of you had had them and could flash? Im on a tight budget and i was quoted over £300 for my bouquet, 2 brides maids and 2 small flower girls and it was just way over what i want to pay, i love flowers but they are not the be all and end all and i would rather put that money else where!

28 replies

Latest activity by Mrs C, 4 February, 2011 at 20:07
  • Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Was that £300 for an artificial bouquet???

• F
    Beginner October 2011
    fatbride ·
    • Hide content

No that was for real flowers.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Nearly had a heart attack for a minute! What kind of flowers are you looking for?

Do you have a favourite flower. What kind of theme are you having? Feel free to email me if you would like a quote or any advice.

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

I have artifical flowers from a HIB, Rainbow Florist. I wanted artifical as they are cheaper, will last forever and the flowers I wanted were out of season!

for less than £200 i got my bouquet, 3 bridesmaids, 2 flowergirls, 2 mum's corsages, 7 button holes.

Brenda was so helpful and had great suggestions! now the bit you were waiting for (and the bit i love doing!)

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

We were also looking at about £300 in artificial flowers for our needs, then a friend said they were happy to do them for us, so we ordered all the roses (300 in total) and some other bits from efavormart in the US, including 3 day international UPS came to about £70.

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

I am also thinking of having silk bouquet, corsage and buttonholes - then I can keep it forever! Plus it is much better for our budget...plus OH has very bad hayfever and asthma so I figure why take the risk of having him sneezing and wheezing and having runny nose and eyes for the entire day when it could be avoided! I may have some real flowers to decorate the venue where OH won't have to be in very close proximity for a long time, such as an archway for the guests at the entrance or something but not sure yet. The entire lot I wanted has been quoted around 250-300 whereas quotes for real flowers have been around and above the £500 mark.

• miss.understood
    Beginner February 2011
    miss.understood ·
    • Hide content

I'm just having my bouquet, no other flowers for the wedding. It's all artificial and cost me £75, but it has crystals and peacock feathers etc in. If i was having buttonholes etc etc i wouldn't have spent so much on my bouquet, or i would've made them myself like i did for the first wedding....but truth is....i simply couldn't be bothered lol xx

• F
    Beginner October 2011
    fatbride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

these are stunning and my clours are purple! Do they have a web sight? I need bridal hand tied bouquet, 2 bridesmaids and 2 small flower girls and a few button holes!

• N
    Beginner April 2011
    nat2683 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sorry to divert the thread

AJ- were you pleased with efavormart, Im considering ordering some personalised favour boxes/ribbon from them and now Ive seen your post I thought I would check what you thought the quality of what you ordered was like please?

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

Sure do, her website http://www.rainbowweddingflowers.co.uk/

her Hitched profile: https://www.hitched.co.uk/Chat/members/Rainbow-Florist/default.aspx

• F
    Beginner October 2011
    fatbride ·
    • Hide content

Aw Rainbow flowers is fully booked for 2011! Typical!

The search will go on

• stripeyrache
    Beginner February 2011
    stripeyrache ·
    • Hide content

I have artificial flowers which I bought from a seller on Etsy. Even with the shipping from Australia they still worked out half the price of my local florist quoted and I love them ?

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What we ordered looked fine to me - close up you can see they aren't real but from normal viewing distance, and certainly in photos, you'd be hard pressed to see they aren't real roses so yes I'd say I was pleased - my b2b will see them tomorrow so if there's any other opinion I'll come back and let you know Smiley smile Ordered 4pm Sunday and arrived at work on Wednesday about 2pm via UPS. They do cheaper deliveries if you aren't in a hurry for them but we wanted to get them in time for the dress fitting so the bridesmaid that volunteered to make the things for us can take them back with her.

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

I bought mine from VelvetWedding. I got 3 for my Bridesmaids, just need to re-tie them in a suitable colour. They were £18 each.

• F
    Beginner October 2011
    fatbride ·
    • Hide content

Just had a look on that sight and have saw some flowers i would like but like you i would re-tie them in lovely organza ribbon to mach my clour scheme!

• Bittersweet
    Beginner June 2012
    Bittersweet ·
    • Hide content

I have ordered silk from the Lovely sherrie!

My bouquet, 2 adult bridesmaids, 2 flower girls, 4 mens button holes and 4 ladies button holes.

• F
    Beginner October 2011
    fatbride ·
    • Hide content

Do you have a flash? and if you dont mind do you have a price of what you paid as there was none on the website.

Thanks

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If you want any prices feel free to email me, no obligation.

• N
    Beginner January 2008
    niche79 ·
    • Hide content

We are having artificial flowers, I wont even go there with the price as they ended up costing way more than we expected but that is a whole other story.

Anyway, I will be tweaking the crystals and sticking them on the petals instead of having them on wires but generally I love them. Here they are:

My Bouquet

BM bouquet (each one has a different coloured ribbon to co-ordinate with their dress)

Buttonhole

• F
    Beginner October 2011
    fatbride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Sherrie, i have emailed you! Hope you can make soe sence of it.

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

These are beautiful!!!!! they look so real too!!!

• FutureMrsRon
    Beginner February 2012
    FutureMrsRon ·
    • Hide content

I'm making all of the flowers out of felt. I really don't care for real flowers, such a waste of money for something that's going to die and I'm going to have to clean up! My felt roses look really lovely, I think people have been expecting something like a child would make at school but they're really pretty and I bought some crystals on long pins to put in the centre of some in each bouquet - I haven't got any photos of them but I'll take some over the weekend.

My SIL2B nearly died when I told her about them, and even offered to pay for me to have a real bouquet lol I told her it's not about the money, if I liked flowers I'd think they were worth the money, I just think it's more 'me' to have felt ones, our wedding is going to be quite informal and I like the fact that I've made something that will last forever and remind me of my day

• slinkysarah
    Beginner June 2011
    slinkysarah ·
    • Hide content

• H
    Beginner July 2011
    heywood2be ·
    • Hide content

http://i595.photobuc...02/aa509c62.jpg

http://i595.photobuc...02/07a6b104.jpg

http://i595.photobuc.../7999f0e9-1.jpg

http://i595.photobuc...02/fabe861b.jpg

this is mine

• F
    Beginner October 2011
    fatbride ·
    • Hide content

Those are lovely flowers, each time i see a new flash i change my mind over what i want. Is the quality what you thought and did you order a sample flower?

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Just got in and trying to sort through now over 4000 spam emails will reply asap!

I can send you some samples of flowers to see the quality.

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I ordered a sample to make sure but it looked great!! my mum was very sceptical (sp) about artificial flowers but she absolutely loves them! i did get sample from a few websites and a couple were rubbish. I think most suppliers would be happy to send you a sample and it should only cost a couple of quid!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I am having artificial!

Sherrie at Aisle be Yours has sent me some buttonhole samples (free of charge) so I can show my mum that artificial flowers aren't what they used to be!

She has loads of fab ideas and I can't wait to see what we come up with!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics