Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner January 2011

Has anyone had or planning a Catholic wedding abroad?

MissSmiley, 4 of April of 2012 at 21:13 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 1

...if so, where? How did it work? Easy to plan/sort the paper work or not?

Thanks x

1 replies

Latest activity by hayley.k.s, 20 of April of 2012 at 22:22
  • Costa Claire
    Costa Claire ·
    • Hide content

I got married in Spain in a Catholic Church. We actually used a priest from Gibraltar who married us in a church in San Pedro de Alcantara (Costa del Sol). You could contact the Diocese in Gibraltar if you fancied the idea of Spain as a destination. I was resident in Spain at the time though so you would need to contact a wedding planner who has experience of this to see what is involved. I can recommend someone to you if you want to PM me.

• H
    Beginner June 2013
    hayley.k.s ·
    • Hide content

Hi, My partner is Irish and has a large family so we had no choice but to get married in a Church, we wanted to get Married abroad so we looked at destinations and fell in love with Malta...we have just got back from choosing the Chapel and Reception Venue, we would have struggled to have found these without local knowledge so we contacted several dding Planners in Malta and chose to use Michelle send her a mail www.weddingsinmalta.net if you would consider Malta i'm sure she would be able to answer any questions

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics