Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner September 2012

Has anyone or is anyone using Honey Pie Boutique?

sophiaamay, 6 of February of 2012 at 16:22 Posted on Planning 0 14

I am having a wedding dress dilema...

the dilema is that I am getting married in September, want to lose weight first (quite a bit if possible) and haven't even looked at dresses!

I have found the above website today and it looks fab, have emailed them to see when the latest my order would have to be in and how many dress sizes the dress can be taken in if need be and they were lovely.

Just wondering if anyone has used them or had any experiences...

Thank yoooou

14 replies

Latest activity by sophiaamay, 7 of February of 2012 at 08:05
  • BustyB
    Beginner June 2012
    BustyB ·
    • Hide content

I was going to get my dress from them, however changed my mind in the end as it will cost you a lot for Import duty etc (But I am on a tight budget, so thats the only reason I changed my mind, the dresses look gorgeous)

Bx

• S
    Beginner September 2012
    sophiaamay ·
    • Hide content

I thought they were based in the UK. Are they based over seas?

That sucks if they are and would cost a lot to import.

I thought they looked gorgeous and just what I am after for a reasonable price. I am also on a bit of a budget but don't want my dress to look cheap...

Where did you get yours afterwards?

Sophie x

• BustyB
    Beginner June 2012
    BustyB ·
    • Hide content

Yes the dresses are from abroad, however if you order swatches of fabric they are from the UK (I thought it was a bit odd having the swatches in a different country than the dresses!).

I ended up getting mine from deadlyisthefemale.co.uk - I wanted something a bit different but gorgeous.What sort of dress are you looking for?

Bx

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

Looks like a UK based company to me. they may be making them overseas but they are using Royal mail for postage so I guess they are picking upany customes fees so I don't think you need to worry about that http://www.honeypieboutique.co.uk/page_1737566.html

• S
    Beginner September 2012
    sophiaamay ·
    • Hide content

I am looking for a 50's/vintage style tea length dress.

I'm having vintage afternoon tea as a wedding reception... bunting, teapots and all!

What sort of dress did you go for? I will have to have a look at that website... do you have your dress?

I thought it was UK based as emailed back really quickly and not in broken English which is what you usually get with a china/japan company.

Sophie xx

• BustyB
    Beginner June 2012
    BustyB ·
    • Hide content

Maybe they have changed in the last 6 months but when I looked into it they were made abroad.

Have you tried somewhere like -

deadlyisthefemale.com, vivienofhollway.co.uk dollydagger.co.uk. Or maybe you could look for real vintage dresses online?

You could try pinupgirlclothing.com (the dresses are cheap but great quality but they are from America so you would have to pay import tax)

And I am having the same sort of Wedding as you! ?

Bx

• S
    Beginner September 2012
    sophiaamay ·
    • Hide content

OMG I am l am loving these websites... might have been a bit dangerous showing me these! hehe!

I think it is a great wedding theme as it really represents me and my OH. I love the 50's and vintage.

I would love a genuine vintage wedding dress but unfortunatley most vintage peices are in small sizes and I am on the larger side. Maybe if I lose enough weight before looking into it I could get one.

How is your planning going? Are you doing it on a budget?

Sophie x

• L
    Beginner June 2012
    Littlelaura82 ·
    • Hide content

I have a 50s tea length style dress from LouLou bridal. It cost £550 (half what I was willing to spend) and I fell in love with it after trying it on!!!

Hve you tried looking for a local stockist to you?

L x

• BustyB
    Beginner June 2012
    BustyB ·
    • Hide content

Hahaha you actually sound just like me!I have always loved the 50s and vintage. The theme is perfect for me and OH.

I would have loved a vintage dress too, but I am on the larger size too and they are all teeny.

We are doing it on a budget of £3500, the planning is going well, we have most of the big things done, its just the little bits that need sorting now (and they seem to be taking more time!) How is your planning going?

Bx

• S
    Beginner September 2012
    sophiaamay ·
    • Hide content

I live in a litteish city and every shop I have had a look in so far only have long dresses. I am going to have a proper look at the end of Feb and end of March but saw this honey pie boutique in a wedding magazine and thought I'd have a look. I will have a look at Lou Lou bridal thank you.

Planning is going ok... got all the main things booked like venue, registry office and transport. My auntie has offered to do the food Smiley smile which will save us a lot.

Obviously still got to get the dress and am on my way through buying all the crockery etc. Can't wait for the car boots to start again to do some more hunting.

Had a proper bargain with the cake stands - they are plastic but look amazing and I got 25 for £71 on ebay a while ago.

We do sound very similar Smiley smile I don't really know what our budget is but definatly no more that £4000. We are just saving and buying as we go along but seems to be working.

I agree that the little bits are the things that take time. When are you getting married?

Sophie x

• Alohabride
    Beginner July 2012
    Alohabride ·
    • Hide content

Try UK based cuttingedgebrides.com too. I got my dress from there and it's gorgeous! x

• S
    Beginner September 2012
    sophiaamay ·
    • Hide content

Now they are gorgeous too...

How am I meant to choose now ?

I will just have to have like 10 dresses hehe!

• 50's pin up bride
    Beginner July 2012
    50's pin up bride ·
    • Hide content

Ooh Little Laura, what have you gone for? Flash!!

I was 100% decided on a Honeypie Boutique dress - the prices are as they state on their website, postage is not horrific and there are no import duties. I planned the whole wedding around one of their images, the one with the girl in the Ava with red petticoats and a red lollipop.... bought my bridemaids dresses, my shoes, and jewellery... and then fell in love with another dress ? I have still gone for a 50's circle dress style, tea length, but from Lou Lou Bridal and it's ended up costing me £450 (so double the price I expected the HPB one to come out at, but still very cheap for a wedding dress).

• L
    Beginner January 2013
    Lau_S ·
    • Hide content

Also look at Dollycouture.com .. they are based in the US but regularly post internationally.. they are awesome.

• S
    Beginner September 2012
    sophiaamay ·
    • Hide content

There does seem to be lots of options out there which is good.

My mum said last night that we should go to a few shops and try some dresses on before I decide on the style I want (halter neck, strapless etc).

I think this is a good idea as hopefully then I will know what I really want but I am in love with some of the dresses on HPB!

I think its the idea of all the petticoats and everything and that image on the website is a seller isn't it.... have you still gone for the red petticoats?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics