Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

NorthumberlandBride

has anyone rented their suits from moss brothers?

NorthumberlandBride, 6 of December of 2011 at 14:39 Posted on Planning 0 14

We have a best man in brighton, my brother in birmingham, his family in nottingham and us in Newcastle... so we were thinking a chain like moss brothers who have a store in each of lose locations...

but i was wondering if anyone has used them and how the prices go?

im not sure on rental pric es so could people share what they paid?

14 replies

Latest activity by twibride, 8 of December of 2011 at 22:24
  • Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

I've wondered about this too. A friend of mine hired his suits from there and they seemed ok. Prices vary but if you order 5 or more suits, the groom gets his free.

• MrsG2B28.7.12
    Beginner July 2012
    MrsG2B28.7.12 ·
    • Hide content

I can recommend Cameron Ross it is who we are using and the are networked all over the UK but based in smaller bridal shops. Suits are around £80-£100 and the website is http://cameron-ross.co.uk/findretailer/. I know someone who used Moss Bro last year and I think the suits were around £800 for 7, they had a few issues with wrong length trousers and size shirts but it was all sorted by the wedding day!

• A
    Beginner March 2012
    amyc1984 ·
    • Hide content

My friends used Moss Bros for their suits this year and can't speak for any of the other branches in the UK but the Colchester branch were not great to be honest - they completely lost the measurements of one of the groomsmen so he had to go in again, they spelt the booking name incorrectly so they couldn't find their details when they went in there to pay the balance, and when I went there with my other half so he could try his suit on to check it fit, the assistant just completely left us to it and watched us struggle opening the plastic wrappers and taking off clips etc - shocking customer service.

On a more positive note I think the prices were reasonable but its safe to say that we're not using them for our suits - we also have gone with Cameron Ross (they also do the Groom goes free offer) and they have a nicer range of colours etc IMO ?

• NorthumberlandBride
    NorthumberlandBride ·
    • Hide content

Are cameron ross countrywide though?

• schiocco
    Beginner July 2012
    schiocco ·
    • Hide content

We're using Moss Bros in Manchester. Went to a local company first but their prices, attitude and service were terrible. In comparison, Moss Bros were lovely and helpful. It's probably not top quality material but for one day, we decided so long as they fit well and looked good, who cares? They were £100 each including cravat & waistcoat. We're also ordering matching ties for the ushers from them.

Ordering went well. They book all the boys on separately but linked in a group. That way, each guy can take their unique reference number to another branch and get their measurements done, but still collect the suits from Manchester.

Wedding isn't until next year, but impressed so far. Hope that helps.

• G
    Beginner November 2011
    GemGem81 ·
    • Hide content

We used Moss Bros as like you we had people spread between Sussex, Kent, The Midlands and Somerset! So from that point of view in terms of people being measured and picking up suits it worked really well. Downside was on picking up the suits some things were totally the wrong sizes, one of the waistcoats had a button missing and my husband tried on 3 different shirts that were supposedly the same size but were totally different fits - one didn't even do up around his wrists. To be fair to them they had everyhting sorted in time for the wedding but it meant extra trips in to the store for some people and something extra to worry about. The customer service seems to vary a lot from shop to shop, some were really helpful but some a bit abrupt.

For price (I think it was about £90 p/p for tails, trousers, short, waistcoat, cravat and handkerchief, with groom free because we hired a certain number) they were pretty good and everyone looked wonderful on the day, and the ease of having them everywhere means I would probably used them again in the same situation but just make sure everyone gets in to try their suits on as soon as they arrive in case of any issues.

Hope that helps.

• Big Apple
    Beginner February 2013
    Big Apple ·
    • Hide content

Our friends used Moss Bros for their wedding. it was handy because we're in a different part of the country (MrApples was Best Man). We're using Slaters Menswear, they worked out cheaper and have stores nation wide too. MrApples has an account with them and we've wangled 10% off as well. BONUS!!

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

I'm surprised so many people have had such bad experiences... we used Moss and they were absolutely fine. The only hitch was that the shop assistants could be a little dismissive and inattentive but there was nothing major.

Price-wise I think it was about £100 per suit including the insurance, plus we got the groom's suit for free.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Our daughter used Moss Bros in Leeds (White Rose) and paid £90 for each outfit and the Groom went free. They had similar problem in that people were spread all over the country.

The best thing was they let us have the suits a week before so we all had chance to try on etc. Only one slight snag was my hubby's shirt was way too small even though it was his size and after 3 separate trips back to the shop to change for one that did fit, they gave him one off the shelf instead which fit perfect. So very good service with a slight hiccup on the shirts which were not brilliant with the fit so would definitely recommend trying the shirts on in the shop beforehand as the sizes are way out.

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

Not used Moss Brothers but can recommend Austin Reed as we have used them for my sisters wedding and they are national.

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

We're using Cameron Ross and they seem lovely

• C
    Beginner June 2012
    Country Flower ·
    • Hide content

We used them for my SIL wedding. We found them not to be very helpful and all the trousers were too long despite being measured. I wouldn't use them again I'm afraid.

• ScillyB2B
    Beginner June 2012
    ScillyB2B ·
    • Hide content

My Oh has used Moss Bros the last twice he was an usher. The first time things were the wrong size but they got it sorted before the wedding. The second time (my sister's wedding) they didnt get it sorted on time, luckily all the trousers that were wrong were too long rather than too short so my mum spent the morning of the wedding sewing up hems. If they had been too short it would have been a disaster. I wouldnt use them again.

My SIL used Debenhams and they were great.

ETA: the first time when things were the wrong size the service was awful. The assistant point blank refused to accept things were the wrong size as "they had been measured" it wasnt until my OH put on the waistcoat to show him that XXL was definately too big for someone who should be a medium, that they took him seriously.

• T
    Beginner December 2012
    twibride ·
    • Hide content

We are thinking of using moss bros and their prices arnt too bad cant remember how much they were now (was a while ago and have a crap memory lol) but i do know that if you hire 5 the groom goes free ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics