Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner September 2012

Has anyone tried Adios??

kate246, 3 July, 2012 at 10:21 Posted on Planning 0 11

Just wondered if anyone has tried adios tablets and do they actually make a difference? I have 8 weeks to shred a stone!!! Been going to teh gym for 2 months but this weight is just not budging!!!

Any advice welcomed ?

11 replies

Latest activity by Sloth, 6 July, 2012 at 11:23
  • P
    Beginner June 2013
    pokarekareana ·
    • Hide content

Must confess I've never heard anything positive about things like that - I understand they work by preventing your body from processing the fats in your food, so if you eat any fat at all, you end up with some revolting situations in the toilet department.

Are you watching your food intake? Also, your body might be changing shape; you can build muscle & not lose any weight. Try measuring your waist, hips, etc to see if there are any changes.

• Tray1980
    Beginner July 2013
    Tray1980 ·
    • Hide content

Its Alli that gives you the toilet issues, not Adios and it doesn't prevent you from processing all fats, just a lot of them.

• mickeyandminnie
    Beginner July 2015
    mickeyandminnie ·
    • Hide content

I have heard a few "toilet" complaints about adios as well i must admit.

Have you considered cutting out carbs? Or doing Duken for the remainder ?

• B
    Beginner August 2012
    BatsGirl ·
    • Hide content

I tried a green tea diet from Holland and Barratt, it did lose me a few lbs but mainly in water I think. TBH, I wouldn't bother, I lost mine just before April and since then it's stuck compltely, I am on 1200 cals a day and go to the gym 3 x a week + a bit of walking and I can't so much as shift 1/2lb...can't say for certain but I've never had that happen before and have always been able to lose so I'm wondering if the green tea diet had anything to do with it or not.

I have 4 weeks to lose a stone so have now resigned myself to not losing it in time as I really don't see what else I can do :-(

• F
    Beginner November 2013
    FutureBright ·
    • Hide content

Iv heard of Adios tablets and seen them on the shelf.. I used to take Maxi muscle thermabol but i would never take pills for weight loss again they made me have palpitations. I'm not saying everyone has these effects some people probably have success stories.. I stopped taking the pills, worked out 3x per week to Hannah Watermans Fitness DVD, ate alot of protein and didn't eat any sweets. In 3 months I lost around 2st...

It can be done try mixing up your fitness plan sometimes people hit a plateau

Good Luck anyway..

• Pook82
    Beginner August 2012
    Pook82 ·
    • Hide content

Have you tried interval training at the gym? Run as fast as you can for a min and then fast walk for a min and repeat - this is meant to be a really good way to burn fat.

Like someone else said, if you've been going to the gym a lot then you might not have lost weight but have built up muscle instead so don't worry too much about what the scales say.

I'd say give the pills a miss - I've not tried them but I don't think anything is as good as healthy eating and exercise. Try doing a food diary and writing down everything you eat each day - I did this for a couple of weeks and realised that rice and pasta do not agree with me.

Finally, don't beat yourself up about losing weight - you should be able to enjoy the run up to your wedding without worrying - your OH proposed to you because he loves you exactly as you are!

• cookiekat
    Beginner August 2012
    cookiekat ·
    • Hide content

A friend of a friend had a major heartattack after using the off the shelf slimming pills. He was 36.

Go to the gym, go for a run, go for a walk the pills can be dangerous and exercise is far more effective than any miracle fix tablet.

If you have hit a plateu you need to up your food intake slightly and increase the intensity an frequency of your workouts.

• sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content

I hit a wall and was contemplating diet pills, after speaking to the guys at the gym they told me I was doing too much cardio as weights burn more calories so I swapped classes and did 70/30 in favor of body pump. The weight them started to drop off again and I was much happier.

• C
    Beginner August 2012
    chloe_chloe ·
    • Hide content

Please don't contemplate taking any of these diet pills!

What kind of exercise are you doing at the gym? I've never had great results doing just cardio - I've run a couple of marathons and never really lost any weight from the training. However as soon as I do more weights, then I really notice a change in body shape and size almost immediately. I recommend Body Pump or any of the Jillian Michaels workouts - if you do one of her workouts 5-6 days a week for a month and watch what you eat, I promise you will notice a difference.

Like the others have said, don't pay any attention to the scales either - track your progress by your measurements instead.

• S
    Beginner December 2013
    sugarloaf ·
    • Hide content

I've not tried those (or any) diet pills, but like others, I've heard of some really, really bad health effects from taking them (apart from Alli, but that's unpleasant in ways already mentioned).

I had successful weight loss last year (unfortunately put it all back on again because I had a bit of a meltdown and I comfort eat), and it took about two months after starting to go to the gym before I started seeing results- and then only after I changed my diet. (The changes were difficult to maintain with difficult life changes) I'd argue a diet change is way more important than exercise for weight loss.

I'm considering seeing a dietician in order to get an action plan for my eating- maybe that would work for you?

I'd also second the recommendation to do weights- it'll help tone you up and give you a lovely shape as well as give you variety in your routine which might help the weight come off.

• Sloth
    Sloth ·
    • Hide content

I have heard good things about changing it up - either do something at the gym you have not done before at the gym or eat differently. I am trying not to do a routine but somedays do all on one piece of equipment and other times do bits on each - not sure if its really working yet.

Also, this sounds like a lie but if you also have been eating healthy the whole time a bad bingy day can help get a bit off, its worked for me in the past.

Or do some weights or something for those areas you are worried about - focusing on how you feel rather than the weight.

My weight is hardly changed since I have been going to the gym, but I feel a whole lot slimmer. It may be mental but I am going with it Smiley winking

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics