Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner June 2012

Has anyone tried on Justin Alexander 8465?

Mrs B 2 be, 8 August, 2010 at 13:32 Posted on Planning 0 30

Hi this is my first post ? and was wondering if anyone has tried on the tea length Justin Alexander dress, style 8465? I have only seen pictures and I am in love with it but just want to know if anyone has seen it in real life and what they thought?

30 replies

Latest activity by ceciliarobo, 13 September, 2011 at 09:45
  • TheNinjaPigeon
    Beginner January 2011
    TheNinjaPigeon ·
    • Hide content

I haven't unfortunately. I'm only commenting because i am going to be a Justin Alexander bride myself and his dresses feel fabulous on. Pronuptia stock Justin Alexander, you should get yourself along and try it on!

Mine's this one, and yes I'm just too excited not to flash! Hope you love the dress you've seen just as much when you get it on. xx

• P
    Beginner October 2010
    parallel_fever ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I have tried this dress on in the ivory. In fact I bought it lol. I love it ... it feels amazing on if not a little strange because of the length.

• M
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs B 2 be ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for your messages everyone, so exciting! I can't bring myself to try any dresses on until I have lost atleast four stone (the 4 stone I have put on in the 4 years I have been with the H2B), I will look like a fat fairy as I am only 5'2" haha!

Love your dress becci747 very pretty and elegant! What colour scheme are you having?

Parallel_fever so jealous you have ordered yours already ?, what kind of shoes are you planning to wear?

• L
    Beginner
    Lynetobe ·
    • Hide content

I have just ordered this dress! I tried it on Saturday. I am not meant to be getting married until 2012! I saw it in a magazine and its on the front page of my scrap book. I found a local shop who stocks it and thought why not try it. Not in a million years did I think I would then put a deposit down. But I love it and it felt so right! I have always wanted a tea length and our wedding has a 50's theme. The other tea length dresses I saw were Candy Anthony and Stephanie Allin both quite a bit more expensive than this dress and also don't seem quite so special! well not to me.

I wouldn't take it off even though it was far to small and it was pinned to my bra and my back was hanging out! I am a larger bride and it made me feel perfect and that I don't need to loose weight to wear it. It was incredibly flattering.

• M
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs B 2 be ·
    • Hide content

Hi Lynetobe,

Thanks for your post! I have the dress securely in my wedding planner too, I was pretty shocked how reasonable this dress was, I think it is definately the one for me!

Have you ordered it in Ivory or Champagne? Your post has made me more excited about the dress, so glad it is flattering, maybe I will be brave and go and see it!

• L
    Beginner
    Lynetobe ·
    • Hide content

I am going with Ivory. I thought it was Ivory or Cafe the choice? I tried on the Ivory and loved it so this is the colour I am going for.

I am being told by the wedding dress shop that the dress could possibly be discontinued as new season dresses come in. The shop I went to had already chosen the dresses from Justin Alexander for next season and there were no tea length dresses.

Did you know it also comes in a long version if you wanted? Long didn't suit me or my style or what I want to do on my day which is boogie the night away!

Go try it on. You will know instantly if its the one for you!

• M
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs B 2 be ·
    • Hide content

You are right it isn't champagne, I couldn't remember what the other colour option was! I think I would go with ivory it is easier to find bridesmaid colours that match.

Thanks for the heads up, I better go and see it soon, I'd be devastated if I didn't get to see it atleast! There is a shop about ten minutes from my house I have emailed that have the tea length one in stock.

I definately want a tea length dress, for the same reason, I want to be able to party all night and not spend 30 trying to get my dress into a cubicle so I can go to the loo. Also I have my eye on a pair of Christian Louboutins that I really really want and they would be wasted under a long dress! ?

• TheNinjaPigeon
    Beginner January 2011
    TheNinjaPigeon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Everyone's plans sound fab, and your Justin Alexander is fabulous. My dress is in the ivory, and as it's a winter wedding I am having dark red and cream as my colour scheme. x

• T
    Beginner
    teaandcakes ·
    • Hide content

I wore the coffee coloured JA and I felt amazing in it. x x x

• M
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs B 2 be ·
    • Hide content

Teaandcakes you look AMAZING in the JA dress, love the colour! Thank you so much for posting this it has made my mind up, this is definately the dress for me! Hope you and your husband had a fantastic day!

• T
    Beginner
    teaandcakes ·
    • Hide content

No worries Mrs B 2 be, I know how hard it was to find pics of anyone else wearing the dress! I tried on both the ivory and the coffee, both were gorgeous but the coffee seemed to fit more with my vintage theme. You are welcome to have a look at my wedding report for more pics . good luck with the rest of your planning x

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/community/forums/thread/353756

• B
    Beginner
    bride2b12 ·
    • Hide content

I love the dress too and will be wearing the ivory one in October. It is the most gorgeous dress ever, so well made and pretty. I will be selling it after the wedding (if I can bring myself to!). So keep an eye out if you are interested in buying a 2nd hand one cheaper.

• B
    Beginner June 2010
    bartola ·
    • Hide content

JA 8465 dress is amazing! I wore it on my own wedding.

Pictures made by Ewa Brzozowska

http://fotografiaperfectmoment.blogspot.com/

justin alexander 8465

justin alexander 8465

More photos here: http://fotografiaperfectmoment.blogspot.com/2010/06/1300-km.html

• G
    Beginner July 2011
    girlofsummer26 ·
    • Hide content

I love this dress! I havn't yet started dress shopping as I was hoping to lose some more weight 1st....but my BM's have started nagging me to look and I came across this 1!! If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it? and how long did it take to be ready?? xxx

• M
    Beginner September 2011
    MISSYVICTORIA ·
    • Hide content

Hi I just noticed you have this dress & wondered would you be interested in selling it, I love it but it's just wayyyy over my little budget unfortunately (I lost my job as company shut down) anyway if you would consider it plz let me know price & size etc etc thanks, **********@*******.**.**

• M
    Beginner September 2011
    MISSYVICTORIA ·
    • Hide content

Hi I just noticed some of you have this dress & wondered would you be interested in selling it?

I love it but it's just wayyyy over my little budget unfortunately (I lost my job as company shut down) anyway if you would consider it plz let me know price & size etc etc thanks, **********@*******.**.**

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Oh my Goodness, that is right up my street. Gorgeous dress!!

• S
    Beginner
    SammieT ·
    • Hide content

Beautiful Pictures! The dress looks even better when you see it in real wedding photos. Can I please ask how much this dress was?

xxxx

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content

I tried this dress on and loved it. The only downside for me was the length. I felt like it should have been either longer or shorter but the dress is amazing. Have ended up getting a Forget me Not dress which is also a 50's style. Never thought I would go for that kind of style but both dresses are beautiful, classy and classic

• B
    Beginner October 2011
    blondepixie1980 ·
    • Hide content

Tried it and ordered it after much budget deliberation! Now I need to think about shoes....any ideas greatly appreciated!

• P
    Beginner June 2012
    pixiemorran ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I tried this dress on today. It was amazing! I am getting married in Corfu next year and would be perfect for picture with us paddling in the sea and a little Greek dancing.

It was just over £1000 from the shop I went to. Is anyone selling this dress please mail me ***********@*****.**.**

• NikiST
    Beginner July 2011
    NikiST ·
    • Hide content

There are a couple of members on here with that dress. It's stunning!

• B
    Beginner August 2011
    Barbara1 ·
    • Hide content

Hello, i wore this dress last month for my wedding renewal, and it was stunning the length was perfect the detail was exquisite it was a delight to wear and would recommend it to ANYONE and they will not be disappointed.

• B
    Beginner August 2011
    Barbara1 ·
    • Hide content

The 8465 is new for this year, i ordered mine in January having only seen a picture of it. The local Pronuptia got a sample in in March which i tried on and it was perfect. Mine didnt arrive till June so order well in advance.

• B
    Beginner August 2011
    Barbara1 ·
    • Hide content

I have the 8465 Justin Alexander dress that i wore for my 25th wedding anniversary renewal last month, i am selling it, it is a size 16/18 in ivory, and not sure how much to ask for it ????

• S
    Beginner
    Sarsaparilla ·
    • Hide content

When you decide how much you want for it please can you let me know? I adore this dress and I'm going to try it on next week so I may well be very intersted in buying it from you! Smiley smile

• B
    Beginner January 2012
    bella21112 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, Just wondered if you could let me know the price of your dress if you do decide to sell please? Thanks ever so much in advance!

• C
    Beginner March 2012
    ceciliarobo ·
    • Hide content

Hello Barbara 1,

do you still have dress for sale? if so, where are you in the country? I adore this dress!!!

Thanks

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics