Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Has anyone tried on the any of the Pronovias 2013 Collection dresses yet?

28 of June of 2012 at 15:20 Posted on Planning 0 33

Hello Ladies

I just wondered if anyone one knew if the Pronovias 2013 collection was available in bridal shops yet and if not, when it will be available? I don't plan to start looking until September anyway.

I get the impression it may only be available to try on in their Bond Street store at the moment?

Also if you have tried them on can you give me a ball park figure on prices

I love this one from thier 2013 Costura collection:

33 replies

Latest activity by sanja88, 31 of August of 2013 at 15:18
  • bluemoongirly
    Beginner October 2013
    bluemoongirly ·
    • Hide content

Cant wait for the replies, I love the whole costura collection...im determined to get a boat necked dress!

• V
    Beginner April 2013
    Vintage84 ·
    • Hide content

Mine is from the 2012 collection, empire line, full lace with a similar top and it was listed as £1895

• teapotty
    Beginner October 2013
    teapotty ·
    • Hide content

They definitely have new ones in the bridal shop where I got mine... Pronovias are AMAZING dresses

• C
    Beginner September 2013
    Caraboo ·
    • Hide content

I am definitely NOT trying on any of the 2013 collection because I'm sure they're all absolutely amazing and I don't want to feel I've made a mistake buying my 2012 one! Pronovias dresses are gorgeous!

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

I tried on three yesterday.

I tried on Dauco, Dafnis (my favourite) and Durban. They are utterly gorgeous!

I could only try on 5 (I tried on Pergola and Bermeo from the 2012 collection) in the time I had but I also will go back and try on the one you flashed as it is gorgeous, and I have ascertained that big lacy bottoms just don't suit me.

Whereabouts do you live? I went to the store on Bond Street as they have most of them in there

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

My mum came into London to meet me, bless her (although she only lives just outside, but she still finds it an ordeal!).

Where do you live? I'm in Brentwood and I am pretty sure Matchmaker is getting them in slowly.

I would recommend getting your mum to London if possible though, as they have pretty much all of them. I would also highly recommend seeing if you can get a two hour appointment...I only had time to try on those ones, and I want to go back to try on more.

As for costs, it was nowhere as much as I thought. My favourite, Dafnis, was £1040 and Durban, another I liked, was £1700.

i would suggest trying them on in the London store, and then wait until they come into a Pronovias stockist near you. It'll not only make fittings easier but also probably cheaper (for example, my friend bought Alcanar from the 2012 collection for £1800 in our local stockist including alterations, whereas it was just over £2k in the Bond Street store with alterations).

Sorry for the rambling, just wanted to give you all the info I could think of!

• Fireflies
    Beginner June 2013
    Fireflies ·
    • Hide content

I have an appointment in their Bond Street store next Saturday!! I'll keep you posted! Can't wait Smiley laugh x

• J
    Beginner August 2013
    Jessie_bride ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for sharing on the costs, I love the 2013 collection but I didn't want to try them on if they were hugely pricey!

let us know how you get on with your appointment, I'll try to make one for myself for the Bond Street store as I live in London. x

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

I'd imagine so Lanny - when you going? I can always nip in there for you to ask, it's literally a ten minute walk from my house

• A
    Beginner March 2014
    Annie86 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for bringing this dress into my life! It's beautiful!! Will defiantly be remembering that when I go dress shopping early next year!

I live in Romford so will defiantly remember Matchmaker Bridal... it would be great if you could post the price when you find out! x

Beginner January 2014
    1981Bride ·
    • Hide content

Looks like there will be a few dress twins ?. I love this dress.

• Hawk
    Beginner September 2012
    Hawk ·
    • Hide content

Lovely to see other people interested in Pronovias dresses.

I have Pronovias Obelix.

• Fireflies
    Beginner June 2013
    Fireflies ·
    • Hide content

Oops I forgot all about this at the time! Sorry!

Ok well it was a very different experience trying on in their Pronovias Bond Street store than other bridal shops I've been in. The consultant I had was really lovely - recognised her from popping in on other occasions such as sample sale - and we sat down in front of a computer first which had pictures of ALL their dresses that they had in stock, which was absolutely LOADS! I'd say maybe 150? So we flicked through all the pictures and any that I liked the look of I would 'shortlist' and then narrow it down to 5 that I could try on. This was great in some ways as I could see exactly what the dress was supposed to look like when it was on.

BUT when it came to try on the dresses, I realised the other problems - 3 out of the 5 of them I would have never chosen to try on when I saw them on the hanger - so what the feathers/diamantes etc looked like up close I did not like. So unfortunately I was stuck with 3 that I knew I would not like (and was correct!) whereas if I had been able to flick through all the rails (not that I could, as they don't work like that, and the dresses arent all out on display, but just saying if they worked differently!) I would have better chosen some options to try on!

Anyway I saw one I quite liked, but also annoyingly, know that some of the ones that I did not get to try on, I would probably have liked better! It is a shame they are booked up so far in advance for Saturday appointments as it will be hard for me to arrange another appointment I can go to, but it did have some stunning dresses!

Oh, but they did not have the one I really really wanted to try on, as turns out they think it was only for sale in Dubai and cost 12,000!!! Lucky they didnt have it!

These are the dresses I tried on that I can remember (obviously the other 2 were nothing special as I can't even remember them..!)

• A
    Beginner March 2014
    Annie86 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you! We are getting married at Stockbrook Manor in Billaricay! So excited but feels ages away! Where are you getting married?

• Fireflies
    Beginner June 2013
    Fireflies ·
    • Hide content

They really are so different from the pictures though - and the 1 shouldered one I would have never have tried on if I had seen it on the hanger - was one of the ones I did not like - lots and lots of really thick heavy material and obviously made for very tall brides so very long and found it so difficult to walk in! Does look stunning on the model though!

• A
    Beginner March 2014
    Annie86 ·
    • Hide content

Fab, thanks for the heads up! Profiteroles Yum! Smiley smile We looked at Newlands Hall, it's lovely!

Happy Planning! Smiley smile

• MrsA2B2014
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsA2B2014 ·
    • Hide content

Aww it's beautiful!! Just got an email from Pronovias, they're doing a showcase with discounts at their Bond Street store on 11th/12th&13th October so might be worth a look. I've just booked an appointment at the wedding shop in Colchester for November as they have them there.

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

Me too!

Just booked an appointment at Matchmaker ?

• bluemoongirly
    Beginner October 2013
    bluemoongirly ·
    • Hide content

Wooo I found my dress and its pronovias Fashion collection Urturi!

I love it!

• S
    Beginner August 2013
    sanja88 ·
    • Hide content

Hi girls!

I'm also selling my pronovias wedding dress. It's the 2013 fashion dress called Urcal size 8. It hasn't been altered because it fitted me perfectly, only the length was shortened.

This dress if truly magical! I was looking at the fashion collection and never even noticed this dress. I went to try on a lot of dresses and they all looked pretty on me but none of them gave me the easy and free feel that I wanted. Then on one fitting the sales women understood my stile and gave me this dress to try on. I was very unsure about it until I had it on. It truly has a magical fairy look. The photos on Pronovias site don't do it justice.

Email me if you are interested. I live in London.

sanja

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics