If so was the investment worth it?

10 replies

Latest activity by Uzma, 25 of March of 2024 at 17:29
  • G
    Beginner June 2005
    GPENNY ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Although I am pretty much a lurker on here I am a life and business coach. So if you want to ask anything feel free.

Pen x

• T
    Beginner
    The Nightmare before Lois ·
    • Hide content

There is a business coach who comes to one of my networking groups and I used him to put in place a sales/customer contact procedure. I think what they offer is excellent and he did a great job for us but it was very much a project basis. not ongoing coaching. The ongoing coaching is just too expensive for me (this is with Action Coach).

However, following a meeting with a different business coach, we started to implement a lot of the basics of what they teach - it's very worthwhile stuff.

L
    xx

• MBK
    Beginner March 2003
    MBK ·
    • Hide content

Yep this is Action Coach too. I went to a free seminar and then a free session about 1 1/2 hrs was useful and then I felt the other hour or so was a bit hard sell to be honest.

It gave me a harsh reality wake up call and I came away feeling pretty devastated TBH having slept on it and 24hrs later I feel better and stronger.

I think it would be great but the cost makes it feel prohibitive now and I dont have the 4 hrs a week he is asking for now. he said himself the time might not be right and I dont think it is.

Lois it is helpful you though it worthwhile etc... (I didnt want to feel like I had been sucked in)

He highlighted that I need to upskill.

Gpenny - Yes any books you can recommend? He mentioned Guerilla Marketing. And the Purple Cow. Any other Business 2 Business stuff you can point me int he direction of?

P.S Lois ar you a BNI member?

• G
    Beginner June 2005
    GPENNY ·
    • Hide content

Hi MBK

I don't know too much about Action Coach only that they are a franchise. There are plenty of business coaches out there who certainly won't do a hard sell. If you like the idea of coaching there is a coaching directory but I can't remember the link for it a quick search should find it. Vast majority of coaches will offer a free introductory session - as its essential that you both get on and can work together.

Curly Martin is an excellent coach and has a book "The Business Coaching Handbook" which would be a good start.

If you can be a bit more specific in what you are looking for in coaching are you employed/self employed, looking at team building etc then I'll have a better idea of what to suggest.

Penx

• H
    Beginner
    Headless Lois ·
    • Hide content

I would say Action can be pretty hard sell - we had the free couple of hours thing, and decided we couldn't afford it and the woman was all 'but can you afford NOT to'. Er, yes, actually, look, we have managed to build two businesses pretty successfully.

A LOT of what the coaching is about a business mentor could do for you. I am really interested in setting up a local scheme to help smaller businesses get some of the benefits of coaching without the cost.

I'm not a member of BNI, I think it's a bit scary. However, I am a member of BRX (a BNI less formal spin off) and we also run our own networking group/business forum.

L
    xx

• jonicko
    Beginner
    jonicko ·
    • Hide content

We're looking for a business mentor at the moment - maybe should look at some coaching instead.

Is anyone going to the Business Startup show at Olympia 28/29 November? We've been going 7 years but need a kick!

• MBK
    Beginner March 2003
    MBK ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Lois.

All helpful.

E x

• D
    New York
    David ·
    • Hide content

Hmm, I'll try it later! But now I would like to know about how you can hire people who will not always have to work? Does anyone have any ideas?

• V
    Curious April 2019 New York
    Viki ·
    • Hide content

I have never had such an experience either

• U
    Central District
    Uzma ·
    • Hide content

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that I recovered 6.26476 BTC I lost to a fake Forex Investment Company. Many thanks to hackrecovery At yandex Dot ru, a professional recovery experts and team of hackers I hired to help me track and recover my funds. If there is any way you find Yourself in a similar situation, I will advise you to reach out to these guys. They are the best professionals in the market. I am so glad my funds were recovered through their support, this is one of the best decisions I made this year.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics