Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

moonpie1985
Beginner July 2012

Has anyone used BlueNile for their dimond rings?

moonpie1985, 22 April, 2012 at 12:51 Posted on Planning 0 1

Potentially looking to buy a diamond from Blue Nile and wondering if anyone has done so and has some feedback?

1 replies

Latest activity by jess_2611, 22 April, 2012 at 15:28
  • M
    Beginner
    MAG2FMC ·
    • Hide content

We ended up not purchasing from BlueNile but considered it. (I do know one groom who did and had a very positive experience. He didn't live close to anywhere with a lot of diamond suppliers and so BlueNile was a good bet for him.) My own experience with BlueNile is that it was a good place from which to get an understanding of where the diamond market stood. To most accurately do this however you need to do some research on not just the 4 C's, but also a bit deeper -- for instance, there are "sub-parts" to what comprises "Cut" and how it's graded. Once we understood what type of diamond we wanted and the pricing we could get from BlueNile, we went to diamond districts, as well as jewelers outside the diamond district, to comparison shop. We ended up getting a better deal from an independent jeweler.

• J
    Beginner September 2013
    jess_2611 ·
    • Hide content

My fiance had mine made through blue nile and it fantastic. great ring, great value and great customer service when he called them a couple of times. also, they dont take payment untill the ring is dispatched which i think is really good cuz you no they arent just after your money Smiley smile we are thinking of using them for the wedding rings so i would definitely recomend them!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics