Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner May 2016

Has anyone used WedPics?

Boro_Bex, 7 of April of 2016 at 09:28 Posted on Planning 0 18

Has anyone used the WedPics app at your wedding and how did you find it? How did you let guests know about it? It's a bit of a last-minute thought for us so too late to include it in the invites. I was thinking of putting cards on the tables but then I thought a sign on the way into the venue or near our postbox might be better.

18 replies

Latest activity by PreservedRoses, 23 of April of 2018 at 12:37
  • Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

I've downloaded the app but not got any further than that yet! I think we're going to use it, like you I think we'll probably just put a sign up by the card box or something!

• B
    Beginner May 2016
    Boro_Bex ·
    • Hide content

That's a far as I've got! Oh and I've changed it to match our colour scheme. I was wondering if anyone would actually bother with it but I think it's worth a try.

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

I was thinking the same - I guess it depends on the demographic of your guests - most of ours are quite similar in age to us (& probably more tech-savvy than I am!) so I'm hopeful! Smiley smile

• laurafish
    Beginner July 2016
    laurafish ·
    • Hide content

We aren't married yet so can't give experience on how it worked for us, but we are another couple who are planning to. We've put it on our website so guests can install the app in advance, and will also put signs at the reception. We'll probably do one big framed sign instead of smaller cards on the tables. We are having a DIY photo booth area so might put it near this.

• E
    Beginner May 2016
    ExpensivePinkCars201 ·
    • Hide content

I've got the app and sent out some text/Facebook invites to join. A few people have joined already but the majority haven't. I'll probably send out reminders the week before and we'll put something on cards at the tables to remind people on the day.

If it works it'll be great, we've put details on the site like nearby hotels but honestly I don't think other people think much about weddings unless it's much closer to the time!

• M
    Beginner April 2016
    MrsRees2B ·
    • Hide content

We did it went down quite well I had eye spy cards on the tables with the wed pics code on (katiericky4 if you want a nosey) lots of our younger guests took part and enjoyed it as it gave them something to do in the gap.

• S
    Beginner June 2016
    shelleyw21 ·
    • Hide content

I've just read some reviews and they are all positive so I have signed up and will copy the idea of putting a sign on each table. Never heard of the site before so thanks for asking the question ?

• Andy_Magicman
    Andy_Magicman ·
    • Hide content

I've performed at several weddings where they have used it. Most put cards on the tables and some even have a poster near the table plan.

• S
    Beginner May 2015
    sarahm66 ·
    • Hide content

I used Wedpics to capture all of the photos from our wedding - I LOVE IT!! I sent a message to everyone who was taking pictures at the wedding and asked them to upload their pictures and I uploaded all of the official photos - in that way everyone gets to look at all the pictures (they create their own login). So I now have 1,200 pictures captured by different people - 11 months down the line I still look at them on the app and bore my friends/family by sharing 3-4 on Facebook every week. Great app, highly recommended.

• B
    Beginner May 2016
    Boro_Bex ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Sarah, that's exactly how I was hoping it would work! I think we'll definitely use it.

• Vixy1987
    Beginner May 2016
    Vixy1987 ·
    • Hide content

We are going to use it and I have used it at a friends wedding, I really liked it! Think it's a great idea!

• N
    Beginner January 2016
    NoMoore ·
    • Hide content

I quickly made up little cards and popped them on the tables. Only a few people bothered to put photos on though and actually I've only got photos in general from a few guests. It's a nice app but only if they all put the photos on there. x

• Champagne & Promises
    Champagne & Promises ·
    • Hide content

Hi, Our boss used it for her wedding day, she said it was great as the guests caught parts of the day she missed (somethings she was glad she did. Boys!!!) but its a good way for you guests to be involved and you can order prints as well.

What she did was leave instructions on each table on how to download the App, username and so on, but you could always send it out as part of the invite, that way you can collect the Hen/Stag do and other events leading up to and after the wedding all in one place.

• sweetlikechocolate
    Dedicated May 2016
    sweetlikechocolate ·
    • Hide content

We are using it. I got all the hens to download it before my hen party and got some amazing photos i would not have seen without it. I put little cards in with each invite. I am going to use the invite people part of the app nearer the time (21 May wedding) to contact my friends and family via text or Facebook to get them to download it and will also probably put something in the order of service about it.

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrs-Riley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We're having eye spy cards and you've just reminded me that I haven't given guests means to actually show us the photos they've collected, so Wed Pics could be brilliant!

I'll be popping the code on the card like you- won't mention it at the ceremony so that people aren't encouraged to be on their phone. Definitely a reception thing!

• O
    Beginner October 2016
    October2016wedding ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

we are planning to use this for our wedding.

I have added this this to our wedding invites, you can email and add people through Facebook.

I have also ordered an A3 sign from eBay with all the details. There are loads of different styles on there.

• G
    Beginner May 2018
    GroomBazinga ·
    • Hide content

We are going to use Wedbox, the app looks a bit neater, the features are richer, but most importantly to use you own the copyright (not like with wedpics)

Apart from that it has everything that everyone has talked about in this thread and more!!

Check it out..

• H
    Beginner
    HappyPinkCakes1728 ·
    • Hide content

Has anyone manahed to stream there photos live on a screen . It says this is a function of the app but I don't quite understand how this would work? Thanks

• PreservedRoses
    PreservedRoses ·
    • Hide content

My friend from work used it at her wedding and was raving about it what a great app it was and how everyone joined in with it and how it really added to the experience not just for the happy couple but for all the guests too.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics