Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Hate chair covers - alternatives?!!

13 May, 2013 at 17:22 Posted on Planning 0 8

So, I was never a fan of the bright white/lyrca chair covers and sahes etc, but I don't particularly like the chairs at my venue, they are very old and a bit tatty. So what is the alternative?! I have asked the venue about hiring other chairs in but I don't think they will be happy with this from a logistical point of view. I was thinking white-washed vintage chairs and chair covers don't really fit into this vision!

Any help or different ideas as to what I can do with the chairs would be much appreciated!

C

8 replies

Latest activity by Newmoongirl, 13 May, 2013 at 21:09
  • TamarValleyGirl
    Beginner May 2013
    TamarValleyGirl ·
    • Hide content

I can't think of any other alternatives - it's either chair covers, hire in alternative chairs, or just leave them. Once guests are sat down and chaps have taken their jackets off, you'll hardly see the chairs anyway.

• Childhood-Sweet<3
    Beginner July 2014
    Childhood-Sweet<3 ·
    • Hide content

I feel the same way. We have been able to hire chairs in, unfortunately this is not the cheapest option but I feel having the chairs we want (the white was vintage ones) make such a difference to the room so we don't need to to much decorating, so that will save us money.

The only other thing I did look into is getting a chair cover which isn't stretchy and Lycra. Perhaps a looser cotton one with a pretty decoration on. If, like me, the chairs are important because they do make a big difference, then it would be worth making the effort.

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

Chair covers come in other colours (as above) and different styles, so keep looking and you might just find something you don't mind as much.

I think i'd hire in different chairs though to be honest, (but only) if they're something you really, really don't like and the ones already there are ghastly.

• Katie V
    Katie V ·
    • Hide content

I have been to lots of weddings. Never yet have I noticed what the chairs are like! I sit on it. Then I push it under the table and go dance! I honestly think you are fretting about nothing! Don't panic.....people won't care. They'll just be getting excited for your day! :-)

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

I am almost sure I have seen something at some point on this wedding journey about using pillow cases or similar just for the top bit/back of the chairs?

But to be fair I agree with Katie!

• N
    Beginner May 2014
    Newmoongirl ·
    • Hide content

Will ribbon or a sash / material at the top of the chair help? Fabricland may give you some ideas : )

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics