Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner August 2014

Hate my bridesmaid dresses...

jo-jo1983, 17 of February of 2014 at 19:40 Posted on Planning 0 2

So was all excited as got a call to say the bridesmaid dresses are in . Went with my mum and 2 bridesmaids today and i HATE them. Didn't like them as soon as i saw them hanging up and then when they tried them on they still were bad.

The shop said it was just because they needed steamed and they would look different. Also i thought one girls dress was a slightly different colour than the other. Everyone else agreed bar the shop assistant.

Have cried for the last 3 hours and the groom just doesnt understand. I don't want to have to fork out for new dresses at £500 loss. But then again i don't want to regret having the dresses and hate them in pics forever.

The dresses to me look cheap now. I ordered them in petrol blue and white. The blue doesnt show through like i thought and the poka dots stand out alot and it looks very spotty. The dress is this dress. https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=true+bride+bridesmaids&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=jWUCU9WpB-KL7Aay84HoBA&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAw&biw=1280&bih=909#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=t_J39OzKogyPwM%253A%3BF6epe30ko8BhOM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.ivorywhites.co.uk%252Fimages%252Fbridesmaids%252F552-2.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.ivorywhites.co.uk%252Fbridesmaids%252F%3B273%3B531

2 replies

Latest activity by jo-jo1983, 17 of February of 2014 at 23:21
  • B
    Beginner July 2014
    blueypye ·
    • Hide content

Hi JoJo, do you mean that they are different to the style that you ordered? Did you see one before you ordered? I'm surprised that they look so different to what you were expecting. What do your BM's and mum think - do they still like them? How noticeable is the colour difference between the two? How did you leave it when you left the shop? Do you have the option to return/not accept them?

• slou90
    Beginner April 2014
    slou90 ·
    • Hide content

If the dresses haven't been altered to suit will they let you exchange them . Please don't cry !!! X

• J
    Beginner August 2014
    jo-jo1983 ·
    • Hide content

I saw both girls in a sample of the dress. But they were in a pink and a shallow blue.

Both dresses looked like their colour. Our dresses were ordered in petrol blue with the white tuille.

All I can see now is white and the petrol blue doesn't shine through. looks like a white dress with a petrol blue bow.

One dress you can see the blue colour being stronger than the other

Shop cannot change once order placed unfort.

I went to my parents there as mum took the dresses home and I think we have worked out a compromise by taking away 2 layers of the tuille and adding a prtrol blue layer in. Hopefully the white poka dots wont stand out as much

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics