Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

I
Beginner January 1999

hate my colour scheme *sigh* **UPDATE PG2**

irrelephant, 10 November, 2011 at 16:05 Posted on Planning 0 24

The more i look at Navy blue and pink on the internet i just hate it more and more. I'm a little bit gutted that the bridesmaids pushed me into allowing them to wear navy blue and that i let them. But they did pay for their own dresses and not one of them suited pink or green so i didn't feel i should have pushed the point. But i just think navy and pink looks so wrong for august.

I've been thinking about using different colours of blues and greens and came across these mood boards. What do you think to this kind of colour scheme? Suitable for august?

24 replies

Latest activity by irrelephant, 14 November, 2011 at 14:16
  • jen_84
    Beginner August 2012
    jen_84 ·
    • Hide content

Absolutely. My friend got married in August this year and had the same sorts of colours in the first mood board and it looked lovely. Make sure you're happy with what you choose - it's your day!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I love it, I wore a navy and teal dress to a wedding this year with my turquoise wedding shoes, they go lovely together!

The green and blue in my wedding flowers went well too... I had turquoise blue ribbon on my bouquet.

• filoftus
    Beginner November 2012
    filoftus ·
    • Hide content

Mrs C where did you get that dress and shoes from lovely

and DWC where did you find those mood boards.

I think the colours in those are gorgeous

I am going to navy and ivory i think but it may vhange once i start bridesmaids dress shopping and see what the girls look right in

x

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Dress was in the Warehouse sale - £35!

Shoes were from Ravel - £65 (I also have the matching bag!!)

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

I love the idea of Greens & Blue's together. Navy & Lime Green looks stunning together when mixed with Turquiose.

• JennyH10
    Beginner May 2013
    JennyH10 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WSS ?

• A
    Beginner June 2012
    adiesummer2012 ·
    • Hide content

Love the peacock thing

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

Fab Smiley smile I feel much happier about this colour scheme than I did about navy and pink.

Fi, i just googled peacock wedding colours, and blue green wedding colours.

I showed D and he isn't sure about the peacock feathers so we might stick to navy, purple and bright green like in these flowers:

Or my second suggestion is going to be navy, aqua blue and green.

• Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content

I love Mrs C's navy and teal combination!

I don't think there is anything wrong with navy and pink if that's what you want? What type of pink are you thinking of?

The green and blue is nice too and could potentially save you money on flowers as you can use foliage for the green which is cheaper than flowers.

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

Hi PP. I don't think theres anything wrong with navy and pink, i just don't like it. My bridesmaids have chosen navy blue dresses when i originally wanted green and now i'm sort of stuck with a colour scheme that i don't especially like.

I really wanted pink, lavender and green with lots of loose natural looking flowers and i don't feel i can have that now with the navy blue dresses. it just looks all wrong to me. I've never been a big fan of blue flowers either and i think the white/ivory flowers just look plain next to navy blue dresses.

Had a chat with my sisters and cousin this morning and they're all up for changing the dresses to green if we can, but SiL is kicking up a bit of a fuss saying that green doesnt suit her and she really loves the navy blue dress. Which is fair enough, the dresses do loook stunning in navy blue, really elegant. I just can't see a navy blue wedding in summer working Smiley sad SiL wants to come round and talk to me about it tonight but am feeling very fragile today and D isn't here to back me up so i don't want to feel pushed into a corner. I do feel silly getting so upset about some dresses though.

• charliebird7
    Beginner March 2012
    charliebird7 ·
    • Hide content

I was going to suggest the same as Sherrie, she has some fab mood boards there. x

• A
    adver ·
    • Hide content

With the best videographer www.film-by-you.co.uk nothing will be dull

• M
    Beginner October 2012
    Meggiemoo1981 ·
    • Hide content

Ooooooooh I love the peacock feather idea. I may steal it.................?

• Soulmates
    Beginner August 2012
    Soulmates ·
    • Hide content

It's your wedding and the colour scheme plays a big part of it, I'd try to find dresses in the colour that YOU want with as little input as possible from your SiL. If she doesn't want to wear it then she doesn't have to be a bridesmaid!

Hope you get it sorted

PS I think the mood boards that everyone has posted are lovely but it's not the sort of thing you want then that is irrelevant.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

WSS... you need to be happy with your choices.

I still think that you can have your flowers with Navy dresses...

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

How about Navy, Pink & Green and you could still have the Vintage, Summer feel to it with the flowers & accessories:

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

Bit of an update. After Annie suggested I should just change the dresses, I phoned up the dress shop and it turns out they hadn't yet sent the order. SiL phoned me to see why i actually wanted to change the dresses and i told her it was because i just don't like the navy blue colour scheme and she said would prefer navy but will wear green if thats what i want. So I gave the dress shop a quick ring and we popped in and have now changed the dresses to Sage Green and I feel much much happier.

Thanks everyone for your help. As beautiful as the navy pink and green is, and the peacock theme is amazing, I really had my heart set on pink and green so i'm thrilled I can now have that colour scheme.

Also massive Name and Praise for Halo and Ellis bridal shop in Preston. They've been fabulous today.

• Soulmates
    Beginner August 2012
    Soulmates ·
    • Hide content

Soooo pleased it all worked out!

? for you!

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

I'm pleased too SM!

• charliebird7
    Beginner March 2012
    charliebird7 ·
    • Hide content

Glad to hear it worked out for you!

• Frugal Splurger
    Beginner September 2011
    Frugal Splurger ·
    • Hide content

You can definately have navy blue/green for a summer wedding! If anything it looks classier tha some really garish colour schemes I have seen! Luckily the sun will brighten the day up and green is summery anyway. We had this colour scheme in 40 degree heat and we get lots of comments to say how lovely it all looked! Good luck!

FYI - If you're a supserstitious person when it comes to weddings and take to heart some of the lucky traditions (something old something new etc), then you may want to reconsider peacock feathers as they are meant to be unlucky! :-S

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

FS I've already changed the colour of the bridesmaid dresses back to green. Should really read whole threads. thanks for your comments though.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics