Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Red Baroness
Beginner July 2012

Hatton Garden jewellers - recommendations?

Red Baroness, 21 February, 2011 at 10:36 Posted on Planning 0 22

Mr Ily and I are planning a trip to Hatton Garden this week to choose our wedding rings. Anyone have any recommendations?

22 replies

Latest activity by Future Mrs Chuckles, 28 April, 2012 at 20:31
  • Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

We got my engagement ring from a shop called Justine. They were ever so friendly and didn't ignore or dismiss us like many of the other shops (I'm guessing due to our age).

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

I recommend Trotters on Bethnal Green Rd, Bethnal Green Zone 2. They are apparently suppliers to some of the shops in Hatton garden. Small shop and doesnt look the nicest, but I'd prefer to save on the ring than have a pretty shop. The front window has displays of all sorts of over the top bling, but hand make jewellery onsite.

They have photos in there of lots of celebs, Lilly Allen, Dizee Rascal, N-Dubz so seems even they dont go to Hatton Garden. When I visited they said Tue, Wed or Thur mornings were best, but if you go, ring to check the jeweller will be on site. Staff always been friendly even if some of the punters look dodge.

• millie&me
    Beginner October 2016
    millie&me ·
    • Hide content

Try Jon at JKDiamonds:

https://www.facebook.com/

They are based in Hatton Garden.

Nicky

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

Www.karlkarter.com 020 8616 6992 / **** 542

He is a really lovely guy and handmakes all his jewellery at really reasonable prices - he made my diamond engagment ring and will be making both our wedding rings. There is another hitcher who has also been to see him at his studio on my recommendation.

Good Luck and if you do go and see him, tell him Kelly sent you!

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies. I've added all of those to the list for Friday. Anymore anyone?

• endsor
    Beginner September 2012
    endsor ·
    • Hide content

Hey. We went and had a look round only the other week. Lots of shops couldn't seem to be bothered with us or so over the top it put us off. We did find a little gem of a workshop right at the north end of the street called The Wedding Ring Workshop. There you can make your own rings, design them how you want, etc. They were really busy but spent time with us talking through options, ideas, pricing, etc. Well worth a visit. Plus I love the idea that I will be making my husband-to-be's ring. Eeek! http://www.weddingringworkshop.co.uk/

Oh plus I forgot to say - they were about 1/3 cheaper than other stores we looked at.

• N
    Beginner August 2011
    Noodle2Be ·
    • Hide content

We used Krystle, they were fantastic and amazing prices. I can't recommend them enough!!

• O
    Beginner October 2011
    oldgal ·
    • Hide content

My engagement ring came from A and S jewellers in HG. They were very helpful and had the ring made in a couple of hours after I chose the setting and the stone. OH got me some matching diamond studs there for xmas too. I may try Krysle as above for wedding rings too though.

• S
    Beginner May 2012
    ShellG ·
    • Hide content

We had a consultation from Hyde & Park - they just have a small workshop in Hatton Garden and have very good prices - you can drop in and see them there at any times - might be worth a call?

I am waiting for an email back today with drawings of our designs!

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Good value is what I'm after!

• N
    Beginner August 2011
    Noodle2Be ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What are you after? I wanted platinum with diamonds half way round and it was £650 - which is over half price of most jewellers we saw! If you want, I'll try and find the contact details...

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That would be great, thanks. I'm after a platinum full eternity ring. Best quote I have had so far is £800 for a 1 carat full eternity ring.

• KEBO Jewellery
    KEBO Jewellery ·
    • Hide content

ARGH, I really liked the place I got mine from so I thought I would go on to Google and get the website address for you and I have just discovered that they are not there anymore! What do I do now as my rings need a clean and the diamond setting needs checking??? Can I take it to any jewellers to be done, if so, how much does it cost???

Sorry to gate crash your thread!

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

I paid to get mine cleaned recently (and the stone checked) and it was £5. Not worth a trip up to London just to get my ring cleaned either!

• J
    Beginner November 2012
    jakkygemi ·
    • Hide content

Firstly, Congrats. Will you let me know from where you bought this? And the cost of your engagement rings and how they look ? Thank you in advacne.

1 carat loose diamonds
    2 carat loose diamonds

• F
    Beginner June 2012
    Future Mrs Chuckles ·
    • Hide content

What a coincidence this topic should pop up today - Oh and I have just come back from choosing our rings in Hatton Garden!!!! Smiley smile

I cannot recommend James at E Katz enough - incredibly calm, friendly and patient. Didn't feel like a sales man trying to close his sale, just supportive and informative.

Happy days!

• F
    Beginner June 2012
    Future Mrs Chuckles ·
    • Hide content

So, basically contrary to the above post - since coming home on Saturday, I have had nothing but doubts about my ring choice.

Finally decided the ring isn't right so contacted the jewellers to let them know about my doubts and that I am going to come back and choose again. They are happy with this (already have paid £250 deposit for OH ring).

Only open until 5pm Mon-Sat.

Do I wait until sat and look at some other jewellers that day as well as this one? or

Do I go after work thursday (my manager will let me leave early) where I will only really have time to see them and hope I find something else that maybe I didn't see on saturday?

I am worried if I try and find another jeweller in the jungle of shops, I won't find anyone as nice and helpful as the above.

Don't know what to do - driving me mad!!!!!!!! Smiley sad

• Alreadymarried
    Alreadymarried ·
    • Hide content

We got our rings from Jade, they were brilliant. They are off the side road.

• K
    Beginner July 2013
    Katybear ·
    • Hide content

We used Simon Lewis - the Diamond Shop. Not a creative name at all, but got a beautiful 1.5 carat platinum ring in exactly the style I wanted. They are amazingly good and professional and will do a free checkup of your ring every year to keep the insurance value

• A
    Beginner September 2013
    anna89 ·
    • Hide content

Mines from a shop in HG called Eternity - its beautiful :-)

• F
    Beginner June 2012
    Future Mrs Chuckles ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all the recommendations ladies!

We went back to HG today and I am happy to announce that I have chosen a new ring from Krystle and it is exactly what I wanted Smiley smile

Would highly recommend this shop to all!

I still maintain what I said about E Katz - OH is still getting his ring from there and they have been very understanding about my situation with mine.

So happy!! Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics