Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner July 2015

have now cancelled uk wedding and booked abroad!!

suzannelewington, 14 of June of 2014 at 23:13 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 18

Hi ladies!! I posted in here over the last few days that oh wanted to cancel uk wedding and go abroad... well today we have now done that! We spent 5 hours in the travel agents... yes 5hours!!! Gettin everything sorted but our wedding/holiday is now booked. We have also bought the date forward by two weeks so I am now longer an August 2015 bride but a july 2015 bride! !and I now only have 13 months 2 weeks tomorrow to get everything sorted. Ive gone from being really organised to havin nothing done. I now need to start thinkin of dress shopping again as dress ive chosen isnt suitable. Feels like the time is gonna fly by! X

18 replies

Latest activity by Ben, 7 of May of 2021 at 17:18
  • Chucklevision
    Beginner July 2015
    Chucklevision ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations. X

• Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations! Where are you getting married? X

• S
    Beginner July 2015
    suzannelewington ·
    • Hide content

Hi. We have booked paphos Cyprus. Stayin at the new olympic lagoon resort x

• Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

It looks lovely! X

• M
    Beginner July 2013
    Marli ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I am trying to plan a wedding abroad can yoj tell me any reliable website's

X

• S
    Beginner July 2015
    suzannelewington ·
    • Hide content

I booked ours through thomson x

• J
    Beginner October 2015
    Jlowe2015 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, we have just booked to go to the new olympic lagoon paphos October 2015, it looks stunning doesn't it?! October 2015 just seems ages away!

• S
    Beginner July 2015
    suzannelewington ·
    • Hide content

Hi sunnyblueflowers. Nice to find someone else get married at the olympic lagoon!! Who did u book through? Have you had your wedding date confirmed? We had our date through as 30th July but tryin to change it to the 31st as we decided we wanted to have the reception on a private yacht!! Too excited!! Xx

• J
    Beginner October 2015
    Jlowe2015 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, yes we have the date of 27th October confirmed, Arghhhhh can't wait! We booked through a friend who is a freelance travel agent, called travel councellors. We are only having about 14 guests but still unsure what to do about reception, yours sounds fantastic only prob for us is future father in law will not get on a boat!! Are you having hair and make up done at the hotel? What's your colour theme?

• S
    Beginner July 2015
    suzannelewington ·
    • Hide content

Think we may have same amount of guests as u! Still a chance another 12 people may come though. Funnily enough I got an email from the Olympic lagoon hotel this morning confirming a few thinga. Can not wait to get married on the pier lookin out to sea! Not 100% confirmed the yacht yet reading through the stuff ive been sent is makin it a hard decision!! X

• J
    Beginner October 2015
    Jlowe2015 ·
    • Hide content

Yes we may have more eventually come out, haven't heard anything from the hotel as yet but only booked it last week. It seems as though it's going to be a very popular hotel.

• L
    Curious August 2015
    Leah3425 ·
    • Hide content

I will look at Thomsons . Sounds perfect x enjoy x

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    mrs_w_to_be ·
    • Hide content

I'm in exactly the same position as you! We cancelled our UK wedding yesterday and have chosen to go abroad, I can't believe how relieved and excited I feel!

We are torn between the Olympic Lagoon Resort Paphos and Mexico! Can I ask, those of you who booked the Olympic Lagoon, did you's price it with different companies? Not sure if it's worth getting quotes from all of them or they work out the same

Thanks

• S
    Beginner July 2015
    suzannelewington ·
    • Hide content

Hi mrs w to be. Im getting married at the Olympic lagoon paphos!! Ive booked through thomson but thats because they are closer to where I live so did it for convenience really I know thomas cook offer the holiday cheaper but dunno what their wedding package or wedding team is like? Really am so glad we changed our plans. Its definitely a smaller wedding as we just wanted immediate family and close fiends. However we are now getting married on the pier and then having a reception on a private yacht! We are gonna have a party when we get back to the uk for everyone else, just drinks and a dj kinda thing. And its all cheaper than our uk wedding would be!! So excited. Let me know what u decide or if u have any questions xx

• V
    Beginner September 2016
    vixxxen88 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Ladies, I too am looking at the Olympic lagoon resort it looks amazing! Just need to have a look at what packages they offer, we had hoped for about 25 guests but its looking for like 40 people now! eekk !!

• J
    Beginner October 2015
    Jlowe2015 ·
    • Hide content

Hi we are getting married at Olympic lagoon paphos october 15 we booked through a friend who works for travel councellors we are booked through Thomas Cook with them and having there wedding package. Hope you get sorted.

• R
    Beginner October 2015
    RSully78 ·
    • Hide content

That all sounds amazing but is the legal side of it difficult to get arranged and is it expensive

Rob

• S
    Beginner July 2015
    suzannelewington ·
    • Hide content

Ive booked my wedding package through a travel agent and the legal buts are all included except a statutory declaration that myself and partner need to get signed by a solicitor to say we are single and free to marry. Every country is different with what you need but his is why I booked through a travel agent to take the stress away x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics