Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner

Have you changed your engagement ring because you didn't like it?!!!

spangles2012, 8 July, 2011 at 10:01

Posted on Planning 38

Hey everyone, Bit of a random 'non-planning' question, but I was just wondering if any of you have changed your engagement ring because you weren't that keen on the one your fiance got you?! My bf proposed last weekend, and whilst I quite like the ring he got me, I'm not head over heels about it....

Hey everyone,

Bit of a random 'non-planning' question, but I was just wondering if any of you have changed your engagement ring because you weren't that keen on the one your fiance got you?!

My bf proposed last weekend, and whilst I quite like the ring he got me, I'm not head over heels about it. (and it wasn't one of those 'I got you this pretend ring so that we can pick out a 'proper' one together thing').

I haven't been able to wear it this week as it is much too small for me, but we are going in to get it resized tomorrow morning, and I am just a bit concerned about going to the jewellers and seeing something that I really prefer... it is not really the style that I would go for at all, and although the diamond itself is lovely, I'm not sure about the setting/band.

Anyone been through something similar?? One half of me says - don't change it because it's a gift from the man I love, and he chose it, and therefore he felt it was the most special and it would be really sad/hurtful to change it. And the other half says - yes, but you're going to have this ring on your finger 24/7 for the rest of your life, so it's important that you like it!!!!

I guess there are other alternatives, like maybe getting the stone reset in another ring or buying a wedding band with a couple of diamonds in it or something?? Any advice very gratefully received. Thank you!! xxx

38 replies

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

I would consdier it rude to change it myself- I wouldnt do that with a "normal" pressie let alone an ER. I am lucky that MrMini studied rings for 6 months before he proposed and he got it spot on. I think he would be really offended if I changed it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics