Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Km86
Dedicated December 2022 North Yorkshire

Have you ever been to a same sex wedding?

Km86, 26 of February of 2022 at 09:00 Posted on Planning 0 4
I'm only asking because every single one of our guests hasn't and I'm a bit shocked! I would have thought it was much more usual these days. Suppose it's nice that mine will be a lot of peoples firsts!

Actually I'm saying none of my guests have, my Mum has as she was at the same one one as me.

4 replies

Latest activity by Jane, 26 of February of 2022 at 12:56
  • Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    I have never been to a same sex wedding actually. Would be interesting! Good luck with your plans.
  • Jemma
    Beginner February 2023 Oxfordshire
    Jemma ·
    • Hide content
    I’ve been to three and I’m equally as shocked as you-I thought it would be more common place too!!

Good luck for your big day!!
  • T
    Rockstar May 2022 Oxfordshire
    Tamsin ·
    • Hide content
    I’ve been to one. Given that about 95% of the U.K. identify as heterosexual I think it’s just a numbers game. I’ve been to 11 weddings, so it would make sense that only 1 of them was for a same-sex couple. I suppose it depends how old you/your guests are and how many weddings they’ve been too as well.
  • Jane
    Dedicated June 2022 Bristol
    Jane ·
    • Hide content
    I’ve been to one. Didn’t really think about it as being a thing that they weren’t heterosexual - other than two brides walking down the aisle and two amazing dresses, it was like most other weddings I’ve been to!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics