Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

SoontobeMrsB
Beginner October 2011

Have you seen these vases anywhere? And help with florists

SoontobeMrsB, 12 April, 2011 at 21:46 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hello,

I'm trying to source some cheap tall (at least 70cm) vases - I think they're called trumpet vases - for tall centrepieces. The florist says they have to be wide at the top to allow room for the display, similar to this: has anyone seen any or know where I could get some fairly cheap. I only need 5 or 6.

Also, had a meeting with a florist tonight. She's the first one I met but seems to be fairly reasonable (from what I can tell from looking at someone online prices of local florists). She charges £45-50 for brial bouquet, £35 - 40 for BMs, £4 per buttonhole and £40 for low centerpieces or £40-50 for tall centrepieces). How many florists have people generally met with and how did you decide on the one?

Apologies if this thread has been done lately.

5 replies

Latest activity by Sherrie H, 12 April, 2011 at 23:10
  • Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Here you go:

https://www.easyfloristsupplies.co.uk/glass-vases/conical-vases/cat_337.html

The prices seem fairly good and about average for what you are having.

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

The prices sound great. You can get the vases here https://www.britanniadirect.org.uk/acatalog/LilyVases.html. Can't your florist supply the vases by a hire servie?

• SoontobeMrsB
    Beginner October 2011
    SoontobeMrsB ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies, I'll take a look.

She can only hire out lily vases as that's all she's got (she works from home) and she says that a display like the above pic won't fit in a lily vase. She says we'd need a vase with a bigger opening at the top to hold the oasis and flowers. Even though the pic looks like a lily vase to me!!

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

The link I gave you is for the Conical vases & that is the cheapest place to buy them. The Lily vases have a much smaller opening so the posy dish won't sit inside or outside of the vase & be unstable. The Lily Vase have a much slimmer neck & the opening is approx 2" across so will be far too small.

Whereabouts are you as someone has some for sale in Northampton but for pick up only.

• SoontobeMrsB
    Beginner October 2011
    SoontobeMrsB ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Sherri. I'm so unknowledgeable about flowers so thank god for all the Hitched ladies!

Just had a quick look & that's not a bad price.

I'm in Warwickshire so Northampton isn't actually that far if it was worth it cost wise.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics