Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner April 2014

having a farm camping wedding in south east

rachelmason, 7 of February of 2013 at 19:13 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi all,

I have some odd requirements for a wedding (i think anyway) and am not sure where to start. I dont want a 'pre-packaged' wedding at an obvios wedding venue. A rough idea of things I like the idea of include:

- ceremonny, reception, staying the night in one place

- a farm, maybe some animals around

- an EMPTY barn

- a tipi and campsite for people to camp ad stay

- bring my own drink

has any one any idea of land or somewhere that could accommodate these needs? I am looking in ESSEX or KENT area.

THANK YOU in advance xx

7 replies

Latest activity by Gemma Lawrence, 14 of August of 2013 at 10:35
  • Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

Aside from the Barn, we've booked exactly what you've asked for.

We're marrying on the Knepp Castle estate, next to the lake & hiring giant tipi tents from beautiful world tents. They're both in West Sussex.

The knepp castle grounds have free roaming animals (deer, wild pigs etc) and you're permitted the use of the land for camping over night. You're actually granted a weekend licence (Friday-Sunday) and you provide your own food, drink, alcohol- everything.

It has a log cabin and fully equipped kitchen included in the hire price as well as a log cabin style toilets and shower block.

You're welcome to PM me if you want specific details ?

• skinnyboyweddings
    skinnyboyweddings ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I couldn't recommend Napp's Farm in Ightham, Kent highly enough.
    You can see a few pictures of the venue here http://kerrymorgan.com/2012/07/kent-wedding-photography/
    The couple who own Napps farm hosted their daughters wedding here last year and have since decided to offer their land for hire. It really is a gorgeous venue and the owners couldn't be more helpful. It has lots of land with a pretty pond and plenty of opportunity to put your own stamp on it.
    If you're looking for a tipi have a look at www.stunningtents.co.uk.
    I also found a brilliant clear topped marquee on Pinterest!
    Let me know if you'd like the contact details for Napp's Farm and I'll send them to you. Happy to answer any other questions if you need.
    Good luck with finding your venue!

• skinnyboyweddings
    skinnyboyweddings ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I couldn't recommend Napp's Farm in Ightham, Kent highly enough.
    You can see a few pictures of the venue here http://kerrymorgan.com/2012/07/kent-wedding-photography/
    The couple who own Napps farm hosted their daughters wedding here last year and have since decided to offer their land for hire. It really is a gorgeous venue and the owners couldn't be more helpful. It has lots of land with a pretty pond and plenty of opportunity to put your own stamp on it.
    If you're looking for a tipi have a look at www.stunningtents.co.uk.
    I also found a brilliant clear topped marquee on Pinterest!
    Let me know if you'd like the contact details for Napp's Farm and I'll send them to you. Happy to answer any other questions if you need.
    Good luck with finding your venue!

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

Louise that sounds fab! Smiley smile

• NathalieSB
    NathalieSB ·
    • Hide content

OK, check this place out in Clavering - it could be PERFECT! My Sister is also having a Tipi wedding this summer in the same area so has done lots of research on this. http://www.joannaharrisevents.co.uk/ The website does not do it justice. Go and check it out!

It is just land - so a blank canvas, should you want to hire a tipi to use.

Another suggestion is the Henry Moore foundation which is near the Essex border in Herts. Quirky and you can use the land to put up your own tipi if required.

Good luck with it all!

• A
    Beginner August 2014
    acapriccio ·
    • Hide content

Hi!

I wonder if you could pass on the details of Napps Farm please? It has been so difficult trying to find a venue like this!

Many thanks!

Wing

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

I recently shot a wedding where they hired a small bit of a farmer's land and did the tipi thing, the bride and groom camped in the field like metres away from the reception tipi as did all the guests and myself! I got a morning survivors photo! I have to say it was pretty awesome! We were able to party until around 2-3 at the farmer's kind discretion, they brought their own drink and had food vans (it was a festival style wedding). If you want me to ask the bride for her suppliers just let me know!

• Gemma Lawrence
    Gemma Lawrence ·
    • Hide content

I shot a wedding at a lovely barn in Suffolk on the Benacre Hall Estate, it wasn't camping style but there is plenty of land which I am sure they would let you use. There is an empty barn, I am pretty sure they allow own catering and drink. It is an absolutely stunning venue if your willing to travel a little more. Good Luck with everything, sounds like a pretty awesome wedding! x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics