Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

mummymrs2b
Beginner April 2013

having a feeling i chose the wrong venue??!!

mummymrs2b, 17 December, 2011 at 09:59 Posted on Planning 0 5

Im suddenly sat here thinking have i chosen right?! I went to see 6 venues and this was the best inside for what we wanted but cant help thinking about we didnt even see! Just been looking at a friends photos from her wedding, (we went to the reception) the photos from all day are lovely and the setting looks perfect. Is it normal to have these glitches as i do love our venue inside but its nothing fancy outside, not the castle type or lodge type, just a nice hotel. Help, am i over thinking things? Anyone else had similar thoughts? xx

5 replies

Latest activity by Sparkly Bride, 18 December, 2011 at 13:00
  • MrsCase2013
    Beginner July 2013
    MrsCase2013 ·
    • Hide content

Don't stress yourself out hun. The outside of my venue, is vile. But it's the inside that people are going to see/party in, so don't worry. And on the plus side, they've painted it on the outside since we booked. Haha.

Hope it helps to think someone else has the same thoughts. Just make the best of what you've got! x

• Bittersweet
    Beginner June 2012
    Bittersweet ·
    • Hide content

We only went to view one venue as we knew it was the one for us. Even now I don't even think about any other venues in comparison to ours. Maybe if you are really having second thoughts its possible to look elsewhere? How would it work with your deposit etc, have you paid a lot upfront to reserve it and would it be eay to cancel your booking? The only thing I would say is that you obviously chose that venue for a reason as you liked it after viewing another five venues, maybe you should go back and see what it was you loved about it. If you feel differently, consider other possibilities?

?

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

I am sure your venue is perfect, it doesn't have to be a castle or fancy manor to be special. I am sure your venue has a nice terrace area for outdoor drinks and as you say you are happy with the inside of the venue. Your Tog should be able to get great pictures regardless so I wouldn't worry too much. It is normal to have the wobbles after signing the dotted line for dresses , venues etc..

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

Firstly you have to be happy with your venue but I would say the devil is in the detail, , , not the venue. We got married at the Holiday Inn so it wasn't fancy outside at all and not that spectacular inside either but loads of our friends commented on our decor and detail.

It doesn't have to be a fantastic venue to make a fantastic wedding

• mummymrs2b
    Beginner April 2013
    mummymrs2b ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies for your words, i did & still do love the venue, just think i was having a wobble! It works better for us, its mondern inside which is what oh was after. Like you say they will be inside most of the time, and they have a lovely italian terrace out the back. xx

• Sparkly Bride
    Beginner August 2012
    Sparkly Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Exactly this. We are also having our reception at a holiday inn and its gorgeous. I viewed lots of of popular wedding venues (and more expensive) and this won hands down for us!! The gardens, lobby and rooms are beautiful. To be honest if anybody didn't like it I couldn't care less its perfect for us. I think its normal to fret about everything you choose x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics